1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
54,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
482 Posts
So this takes the week of Madrid. Am I wrong or the week before Roland Garros we have RG qualies, Strasbourg and Rome together? Wouldn´t be better to move one of them?

·
Registered
16,171 Posts
That's the same week as US Open.

So this takes the week of Madrid. Am I wrong or the week before Roland Garros we have RG qualies, Strasbourg and Rome together? Wouldn´t be better to move one of them?

Reactions: NMQ

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Something is better than nothing as the saying goes. Shame they could not upgrade this to an international level event though.

I wonder if this will be played at the venue used in 1999.

·
Registered
54,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shame they could not upgrade this to an international level event though.
WTA would not allow a "proper" WTA event being held during the first week of a GS. Even a WTA125 is extraordinary and only done this year because of the covid crisis.

Reactions: Perun and posthuman

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
WTA would not allow a "proper" WTA event being held during the first week of a GS. Even a WTA125 is extraordinary and only done this year because of the covid crisis.
Oh I got my weeks mixed up this was taking place before the FO. And yes agree it’s extraordinary.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Any news about Bol and Karlsruhe? They're both still listed as "suspended" on the WTA website and I know they were trying to find new dates but I haven't heard anything since then.

·
Registered
33,113 Posts
Haven't Bol during the second week of RG and some other clay 125K during the second week of Wimbledon taken place before?

·
Registered
54,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WTA will also hold another $125K in Prague the first week of USO, sharing week with Pörtschach.

·
Registered
24,843 Posts
Any news about Bol and Karlsruhe? They're both still listed as "suspended" on the WTA website and I know they were trying to find new dates but I haven't heard anything since then.
Karlsruhe was cancelled some weeks ago:

·
Registered
54,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This 2 tournaments will have both a 64 players draw with no qualifying. (60 direct entries + 4 WC).
Prize money for each tournament will be $1,575,000 to make up for USO qualifying gone.

Prize Money: $1,575,000
Week of Year: 36, Start: 31 08 2020Draw Size: 64 MD / 0 QLF

·
Registered
32,291 Posts
Wow, I thought women tennis was done for but they're getting TWO $1.5M tournaments in ... Europe (!) during a pandemic during the first week of a Slam? Where on Earth does all that cash suddenly comes from? Good for the players!

·
Registered
17,652 Posts
Wow, I thought women tennis was done for but they're getting TWO $1.5M tournaments in ... Europe (!) during a pandemic during the first week of a Slam? Where on Earth does all that cash suddenly comes from? Good for the players!
It is $$$ from the USTA because of no USO qualifying and reduced doubles . They gave the WTA 3.3 million to support qualifier and doubles players through direct compensation & tournament subsidies. The WTA is adding some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 99 Posts