Tennis Forum banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
If one expects gossips from this kind of book, then maybe there is something with reader's priorities and expectations, not with the book.
Well, it is the autobiography of a celebrity :lol:

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,923 Posts
Got myself a copy today, can't wait to read :cheer:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got the audiobook for free from Audible as part of a new member promotion, only 4 chapters in but it sounds interesting so far!

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Loved reading the book. It was very well written and it had this balance between what one needs to know and what one doesn't have to regarding her personal and professional life. I especially enjoyed the ending as it gave me hope that she really intends to play for as long as her body allows her to and that the passion that she has for the game is still there.

·
Registered
285 Posts
May I ask, why my post was deleted?
I was showing facts and evidence, that Maria Sharapova and her apparatus
was faking book sales, just like Don jr. did recently.

I know, it's hard to accept another, let's say, not sooo really straight forward
success story. But ignoring and deleting it, is not okay.

·
Registered
285 Posts

I know, it's hard to accept another, let's say, not sooo really straight forward

·
Registered
3,708 Posts

I read your post. Your argument was that since Don jr's book on the NYT best seller list has a dagger sign under its title, which according to you means faking book sales, so the dagger sign under Pova's book must mean that she faked book sales too.

But NYT's official explanation of the dagger is that it "indicates that some retailers report receiving bulk orders." In Don jr's case, we know it was RNC who bought his book in bulk, some copies were perhaps given out to their donors.

In Pova's case, we don't know very much about where the bulk purchases were from, but I can point out at least two sources I'm aware of: (1) Some fans in her semi-official fans organization in China - my country - bulk-bought many copies and re-sold them to other fans who didn't know how to buy books on Amazon.com. They also often bulk-bought her candies. Bulk purchase from overseas is a very common practice here. (2) Some book sellers on Chinese online shopping sites like Taobao, Jingdong, Dangdang imported her book. Pova has been the most popular foreign female sports star in China for more than a decade, she has a very large fanbase here. Whether there were similar bulk purchases from other countries where she also has a fanbase, like Russia and Japan, I can't tell. The point is, you can't equate bulk orders with faking book sales.

BTW, you introduced yourself as a "party pooper" in your post, but players' sub-forums don't welcome party poopers. It is, and has always been, perfectly OK to ignore and delete their posts.

241 - 249 of 249 Posts