Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it starts next week. Please post here any players that you know that are playing or any information about this tournament :)

For Portugal - Ana Nogueira

·
Registered
25,424 Posts
for Austria Melanie Schnell and Marion Walter were supposed to play but I think they withdrew :sad:

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Bye bye Indonesia!!!

Wukirasih Sawondari supposed to play here...but since none of the other girls are in college/university...then the government decided not to send her... :( :mad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
For Thailand team:

Jan (Suchanan) :)
Tang Mo (Prariyawan) :hearts:
May (Wilawan) :kiss:
Pak Pow (Chattida) :D

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
Shine On Silver Moon said:
Wukirasih Sawondari supposed to play here...but since none of the other girls are in college/university...then the government decided not to send her... :( :mad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
:fiery: Fuck them :mad:

Poor Wukir :sad:

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
For TPE team

Chia-Jung Chuang
Chin-Wei Chan
Hsiao-Han Chao(she won local University competition this May so she got the chance to play)
I-Ting Wang(depend on Janet Lee if she doesn't play)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm disappointed by the weak field. No top 200 players. :eek:
You can find the players entry using the link below. Maybe having US open on same week could affect this.

http://www.universiade-daegu.org/eng/images/info/Nation0815.pdf

I'm wondering why Chia-jung and Suchanan is playing only doubles and mixed doubles. :confused: I guess both are top rankers from the countries respectively.

Good luck to Chin-Wei and Suchanan!
:D

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
thanks for the info, Eric :)

I guess they want Chia-Jung and Chin-Wei to focus on doubles and try to get a medal.

very disappointing that it starts that early, now that Yen-Hsun and Yeu-Tzuoo can only play one rd at US Open qualies, and then have to withdraw if they win their first rd match. :sad: :rolleyes:

so do you know when the draw will be out?

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
lin said:
thanks for the info, Eric :)

I guess they want Chia-Jung and Chin-Wei to focus on doubles and try to get a medal.

very disappointing that it starts that early, now that Yen-Hsun and Yeu-Tzuoo can only play one rd at US Open qualies, and then have to withdraw if they win their first rd match. :sad: :rolleyes:

so do you know when the draw will be out?
Surprising :eek: I don't understand why Lu and Wang give an important of the University Games more than the US open. Does the University force them to do that if they win their USO first round match.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Eric_tennis said:
I'm disappointed by the weak field. No top 200 players. :eek:
You can find the players entry using the link below. Maybe having US open on same week could affect this.

http://www.universiade-daegu.org/eng/images/info/Nation0815.pdf

I'm wondering why Chia-jung and Suchanan is playing only doubles and mixed doubles. :confused: I guess both are top rankers from the countries respectively.

Good luck to Chin-Wei and Suchanan!
:D
Thanks Eric for the link, :hearts:
I just checked the pdf file and found that all 4 Thai girls will be playing single. Only Wilawan play both single and double.

Could you please let me know where you saw that Suchanan will be playing only double.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
jirobkk said:
Could you please let me know where you saw that Suchanan will be playing only double.
Sorry for the confusion. I guess they updated the file since I read it before. :confused: BTW, it's good to know Suchanan playing singles. :D
Still, it has some confusion because it says only Willawan play women's doubles among Thai players,.. so she doesn't have doubles partner. :eek: ;)

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
jirobkk said:
Surprising :eek: I don't understand why Lu and Wang give an important of the University Games more than the US open. Does the University force them to do that if they win their USO first round match.
The reason is if you do well here(i.e. get a medal), you can get very high awarded money from Taiwanese government. Both Lu and Wang lack of fund for playing pro tennis, this is a very good opportunity for them to do well as the field is not quite strong. The last time I checked the official website, I saw this starts next Sunday, so I thought they could play the full US Open qualies, but looks like I got it wrong...

I remember Janet Lee skipped US Open to play World University Games in 2001, Shi-Ting Wang also has played before and got gold medals...

·
Registered
25,424 Posts
seeded players
1 Stanislava Hrozenska SVK WTA 185 (and there is a top 200 player there)
2 Maria Goloviznina RUS WTA 211
3 Lauren Breadmore AUS WTA 257
4 Gulnara Fattakhetdinova RUS WTA 280
5 Amanda Grahame AUS WTA 281
6 Suchanan Viratprasert THA WTA 309
7 Yan Ze Xie CHN WTA 349
8 Akgul Amanmuradova UZB WTA 378

other ranked players
Gaelle Taton BEL 397
Karla Mraz FRN 414
Nan-Nan Liu CHN 424
Chinwei Chan TPE 442
I Ting Wang TPE 495
Evamaria Hoch AUT 534
Wilawan Choptang THA 549
Zuzana Cerna CZE 587
Chattida Thimjapo THA 598
Prariyawan Ratanakrong THA 611
Ji Sun Ha KOR 664
Ana Nogueira POR 679
Po Kuen Lam HGK 804
Tomoko Doukei JAP 846
Kati Wolner AUT 1014

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Today's 1st Rd Women's Singles Results, does anyone have full draw?

AMANMURADOVA Akgul UZB d. YU Yong Hui PRK 6-0 6-0
SANTOS Carlota POR d. LIU Simin Sharon SIN 6-1 6-1
CHIBOMA Natasha ZAM d. MOROLONG Moliehi LES w/o
KRAMPE Hanna GER d. DIAS Renata BRA 6-4 6-2
ASENSIO Diane SUI d. DEBEVEC Hana SLO 6-1 6-2
CHOPTANG Wilawan THA d. HOGAN Anne Marie IRL 6-1 6-2
QUINTANILLA CAMARGO Miriam Mariana PER d. SIDKI Hazar SYR 6-4 6-0
VALDES SAMANIEGO Erika Leticia MEX d. CERNA Zuzana CZE 2-6 6-2 6-0
LAM Po Kuen HKG d. BARNES Alice GBR 6-1 6-3
WANG I-Ting TPE d. VOSLOO Frances RSA 6-0 6-1 :D :D
WOLNER Katharina AUT d. YABE Yukiko JPN 6-2 6-2
BASTERNAKOVA Katarina SVK d. MRAZ Karla FRA 6-3 7-6(4)
SHAFEEQ Yumna MDV d. KPANOU Aroldine BEN w/o
XIE Yanze CHN d. KIM Kyung-Won KOR 6-3 6-3

http://www.universiade-daegu.org/

1 - 20 of 78 Posts