Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kim Clijsters is #1. And lined up behind her are no less than FIVE multiple GS winners. Kim doesn't seem to get worked up about things like that. I, OTOH, would be as intimidated as hell.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Volcana said:
Kim Clijsters is #1. And lined up behind her are no less than FIVE multiple GS winners. Kim doesn't seem to get worked up about things like that. I, OTOH, would be as intimidated as hell.
Since when is having that "deer in headlights" look NOT being intimidated? She might never admit to it in public, but Kim knows what kind of pressure she's facing. It comes out everytime she sees Justine, Venus, or Serena.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
She has to change. Drop all that doubles and focus on quality over quanity. Have a lighter schedule next season and change to a more aggressive style.. oh and fire her coach.

Pray that she loses that #1 rank.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
She has to change. Drop all that doubles and focus on quality over quanity. Have a lighter schedule next season and change to a more aggressive style.. oh and fire her coach.

Pray that she loses that #1 rank.
And hopefully that Serena gets it back

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Actually I was thinking more along the lines of VENUS getting it back. lol

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I don't think Kim is intimidated at all. She just plays and the computer-numbers fall as they may: #1 today, #3 tomorrow, big deal. Even though that doesn't sound quite right, it may well be that simple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts