Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what will happen scheduling wise with Eurosport and BBC Interactive. I would think that BBC interactive will allow viewers to choose which court they want to watch or if it is just one court? I hope its opposite to eurosport as there will be more variety then.

·
Registered
534 Posts
BBCi last year just showed one court but they picked which they thought were the best matches on the OOP on the televised courts and showed them.

Eurosport pretty much do the same but tend to bounce around courts midmatch a lot more in the early rounds.

I remember getting quite frustrated that they often were showing the same matches.

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
Well I hope they show Serena and not Safin who can't even play tennis at the moment!

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
safin isnt that bad. he's funny to watch and has got gazillions of fans. i watched quite a few matches of him this year and he still got the weapons, he just doesnt string the points together that well anymore.

still i'd like them to show serena as well as it is more interesting to see wether the potential juju ree clash could be a good one.

·
Registered
27,961 Posts
Well it would make more sense to show Serena's match first as it is 99% likely that the Safin match will still be going on when Serena finishes, being best of 5 sets and all. Thus, they could just go and switch to the Safin match after Serena but they probably won't do that. :(

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
hopefully they'll each show different matches, although i do prefer bbc's coverage its annoying its on interactive all week!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I think BBCi is showing more than one court this year, at least thats what it sounds like from the website.
So I can flick between the Safin and Serena matches!

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Hopefully we will not be bogged down by seeing the same players everytim. It was great to see some other players compete last year on the BBC, like Melinda Czink and Aravane Rezai, hopefully we can get something even better this year. Still, good on the BBC for covering it :yeah:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts