Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
A mess... but she got through it! :)

She's spoken on her social media lately about not feeling the ball well or having some sort of injury (I can't really understand the translation), but things seemed okay in the first set (despite it being a complete break-fest :lol:). Hopefully everything is okay and this win gives her a lot of confidence going forward. I want to see her at the very least live up to her seeding and go one round further than last year! Definitely room to improve.

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,503 Posts
You just never know what to expect from Su-Wei, glad she found a way through this one!

I feel like Muchova is the type of player that can handle Hsieh so I’m not expecting anything from this match but I’ll keep my fingers crossed that I’m wrong ?

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Su not at her best, had to put on a big effort eventually as Jana, after a thousands UEs managed to even get ahead in S3. Cepelova has to work on her net approaches and moving forward. Tbh expected a close one here cause Jana looked fired up in the previous matches.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,701 Posts
I thought Cepalova played a really fine match and Su Wei had to work and fight very hard for the win. Wasn't her best performance but it was pretty good and she showed a lot of guts and fighting spirit. Sometimes that is more important in winning matches than the ability to produce magical shots others can only dream of.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
A mess... but she got through it! :)

She's spoken on her social media lately about not feeling the ball well or having some sort of injury (I can't really understand the translation), but things seemed okay in the first set (despite it being a complete break-fest :lol:). Hopefully everything is okay and this win gives her a lot of confidence going forward. I want to see her at the very least live up to her seeding and go one round further than last year! Definitely room to improve.
She hurt her ankle in Toronto and it doesn't seem like she had time to fully recover from that. She shouldn't have played doubles last week with her sis but whatever :eek:

Su-Wei keeps getting involved in these kind of tight three-set matches this year (both winning and losing) and it's obviously wearing down her body, especially since she's going deep in doubles as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts