22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sanex board is dead, long live WTAWorld :D

Reactions: GBFH

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Azza, were you here when they pulled the plug on WTAWorld for two days?

Imagine that, but no one putting the plug back in (and during the US Open too) :fiery:

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Yeah, 2 years already - I remember because it was right before 9/11, and I went from feeling pissy because I couldn't bullshit with people about tennis to real worry about some of the NY posters and wondering if they were ok.

In some ways I agree that it's good riddance, this place is better, in some ways it's just more of the same. But the timing of that crash was pretty awful.

Reactions: galadriel

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
194,209 Posts
Yes, this was a tragic day that I still shudder about when I think of it

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
i don't remember the crash because i didn't post that often. i remember anne bonney sending me an email threatening to ban me because i accidently posted inaccurate scores. i was very frightened!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
switz said:
i don't remember the crash because i didn't post that often. i remember anne bonney sending me an email threatening to ban me because i accidently posted inaccurate scores. i was very frightened!
:lol:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
all I remember that the last period it was no tennisboard anymore but a place about racism. I still believe that was one of the reasons why they closed it :eek:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
LMAO, yes poor Ann Bonney.... people used to throw her name around when someone dissed their fave. I think the message board was a side job for her and was probably bombarded w/ emails from us.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
whoa 2 years!!!!

anyone here posted on the even older COREL wta message board?....i feel like a dinosaur!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I miss it still. Miss a lot of the posters who didn't come over to this board. Miss Anne Bonney and her wicked sense of humor.

I don't think the WTA itself really has any sense of humor.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts