Tennis Forum banner

241 - 260 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
I don't understand how come SRBanalyst has a higher score than I have even though I got 8 right answers and he got 7?
You get 100 points for every correct answer but your time in seconds is then deducted from your score. He was 104 seconds faster than you and despite one correct answer less was able to overtake you.

·
Registered
19,012 Posts
My time. 1 second in addition costs you 1 point

·
Registered
19,520 Posts
Unfair. Channeling my inner Serena to give you the Sharapova treatment for the rest of the time.
It's a bit tacky but needed, because theoretically one could look up the answer on a search engine. To offset this, the time must be taken into account. Usually this time factor is fair. Getting a correct answer gives quite a good number of points so a difference of at least 40 seconds is needed to override the advantage of a correct answer. You can see the times people post. They range from 35 seconds to over 2 minutes. Over 2 minutes is usually a very long time, most quizzes can be done within 90 seconds. You just need to get faster, and will develop that.

I've only ever complained about it once, when the mathematics topic was done, because getting the answer in this quiz took a lot of working and couldn't be simply search engined. Some knew the stuff and took more time to tease out the answer. Others guessed the rest without working them out and had fewer correct answers, but they spent much less time to complete as a consequence, and so scored higher than someone else who got more correct.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
If your education and career is based around maths though perhaps want to be sure you've got the correct answer and don't feel happy making an educated guess. It would go against the grain so to speak. I'm only making an educated guest there though. 😀

·
Registered
19,012 Posts
This was an easy one, but I failed 2

·
Registered
19,520 Posts
Sucked at this particular one. Couldn't get my head round some of the (logic) questions.
Some of them were just poorly phrased or expressed (that diameter one :rolleyes:). First one wasn't math really.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
I would definitely have got 10 correct if they had been expressed better.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Thank god for normal animals questions. None of that what are the standard colours of an Alsatian poodle crap that usually drags me down.
My time is too slow, though.

·
Registered
19,012 Posts
Alsatian poodle, Wtf?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
A blue whale is expected to live between 80-90 years. The correct answer on the quiz was 100 even though 80 was one of the option. Just wrong!

·
Premium Member
28,038 Posts
My suggestion for next topic is something about weather, but knowing me, I wouldn't even understand half of the question and fail miserably with like 2 fluke answers.

·
Registered
19,012 Posts
Let's do weather.

241 - 260 of 334 Posts