Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Will we have streams on Wednesday and Thursday this year?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
if larry ellison has so much money - he put hawkeye on every court - why not put a simple webcam on each court and stream it? now that would really endear him to tennis fans worldwide.

·
Premium Member
8,674 Posts
if larry ellison has so much money - he put hawkeye on every court - why not put a simple webcam on each court and stream it? now that would really endear him to tennis fans worldwide.
It's US TV that are stopping the early rounds being covered worldwide. I have no idea why they do it, but it's them that are responsible.

·
Writer of Stuff
8,734 Posts
It's US TV that are stopping the early rounds being covered worldwide. I have no idea why they do it, but it's them that are responsible.

I don't know if the setup is the same or similar at IW as it is at Miami, but the capability is there at Miami to stream from 8 courts the whole tournament if they wanted to do it. When you walk around the stadium concourses, you can see banks of monitors with matches from 8 courts, and this is ongoing from the start of R1 as I recall. They just turn them on and run them all day. You can even see players practicing when there aren't matches going on. So the point is, the capability is there. Whether they would ever decide to use it to stream internationally, whether that would violate some broadcast rights contract, or whether it would simply be cost prohibitive is another matter.

·
Premium Member
8,674 Posts
There are streams listed for day for all center court matches for those asking. The Tennis Channel I presume is only covering center court. Coverage of all 3 courts starts tomorrow worldwide.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts