Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking, there are so many things a girl can say to turn down a guy when he is making moves on her. Even if he is being quite polite, she can say no...

But i think it is more difficult for a guy to reject a girl, especially when she is very well mannered and polite.
What can a guy say?
My brother, this girl asked for his number, and now she has it and is calling him, he has already told her he is not interested in a girlfreind, but in his niceness (he is a very passive guy) he has told her he will attend her birthday party.

What things can he do to "give her the message" ... from this point onwards that he isn't interested. Especially considering this isn't the last time that she will make an "advance".
She has rang up to confirm that he is coming.
Is there polite ways he can give her the message?
eg... things to say? comments to make?

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
i have found that there really is no polite way to say you're not interested to someone who's aggressively pursuing you. if he doesn't want to go to the b/day party he should just not go. if she calls back to reconfirm he can just tell her that he's not interested in going to her party and that he would appreciate it if she would not call back again. sometimes....politeness is a waste of time. most especially if you're dealing with a determined individual.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I tend to say (on the rare occasions I'm in this situation) "I like you, but I have strong feelings for someone else, and although there is little chance of anything happening with them, going out with you wouldn't be fair to anyone especially you and I don't want you to get hurt"

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Lord Chips said:
I tend to say (on the rare occasions I'm in this situation) "I like you, but I have strong feelings for someone else, and although there is little chance of anything happening with them, going out with you wouldn't be fair to anyone especially you and I don't want you to get hurt"
:lol: i see we're talking about two different types of people here, david. you're talking about the sensible, mature person who is willing to hear an explanation. i just went off and described the psycho, maniac, harrasser type. :wavey:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
DeuceDiva said:
:lol: i see we're talking about two different types of people here, david. you're talking about the sensible, mature person who is willing to hear an explanation. i just went off and described the psycho, maniac, harrasser type. :wavey:
Despite working in various mental hospitals, I've yet to be approached by a physco (unless you count the prositute who offered me a free session if I helped her escape...)

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Lord Chips said:
Despite working in various mental hospitals, I've yet to be approached by a physco (unless you count the prositute who offered me a free session if I helped her escape...)
well...lucky for you, your average romantic psycho is male...so you're pretty safe.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
Tell the dame you're gay or have AIDS. That usually turns a girl off. Herpes turns her off too, throw that one in. Or better yet, tell her you're bi-sexual, don't use condoms, and share needles at drug parties. See, then all the blame is on her for not wanting to go out with YOU! Just turn it around.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
DeuceDiva said:
well...lucky for you, your average romantic psycho is male...so you're pretty safe.
Not always though. The majority may be male, but the worse ones are female (in my opinion anyway...)

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
oh my god, i could write a book about unrequited love. i had a stalker in high school and she was great but i just didnt know what to do.......I will come back after work cuase i think i need to talk about it more.

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
Tell the dame you're gay or have AIDS. That usually turns a girl off. Herpes turns her off too, throw that one in. Or better yet, tell her you're bi-sexual, don't use condoms, and share needles at drug parties. See, then all the blame is on her for not wanting to go out with YOU! Just turn it around.
helen stop encouraging deceit! :lol:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
Didn't you forget venerial warts? Geez, Helen! I had no idea you were such a seasoned veteran! Now I'm really gonna test you- how do you explain to an aggressive old wrinkly spectacled former bar-owner ***-hag that you're simply not interested in anything but friendship?

P.S.- all of the above obviously doesn't work!:lol:

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
Why tell the truth when a lie works so much better? The "friends" speach doesn't work, the "I have a girlfriend" speach doesn't work. They never do! You have to crush the broad's image of you so SHE doesn't want you anymore. It's either lie about STD's, sexual orientation, or sleep with her and be really mean and rough so she hates you.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
alfajeffster said:
Didn't you forget venerial warts? Geez, Helen! I had no idea you were such a seasoned veteran! Now I'm really gonna test you- how do you explain to an aggressive old wrinkly spectacled former bar-owner ***-hag that you're simply not interested in anything but friendship?

P.S.- all of the above obviously doesn't work!:lol:
I don't get the hypothetical--a ***-hag is after a gay man and she wants more than friendship? Or are you trying to figure out how to ditch a ***-hag who only wants friendship?

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
Why tell the truth when a lie works so much better? The "friends" speach doesn't work, the "I have a girlfriend" speach doesn't work. They never do! You have to crush the broad's image of you so SHE doesn't want you anymore. It's either lie about STD's, sexual orientation, or sleep with her and be really mean and rough so she hates you.
yup...none of the excuses work. that's why a simple, honest "fuck off" is best. honesty is always the best policy. otherwise they'll think you'll eventually change your mind. but if you say, "listen, you and i are never going to happen, ok? now fuck off and leave me alone"....most will hear it.

....the ones that don't hear it are usually too far gone for anything less than medical help. mind you...i'm only talking about those guys who are psycho harrassers. not your simple, overly amorous guy.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
DeuceDiva said:
yup...none of the excuses work. that's why a simple, honest "fuck off" is best. honesty is always the best policy. otherwise they'll think you'll eventually change your mind. but if you say, "listen, you and i are never going to happen, ok? now fuck off and leave me alone"....most will hear it.

....the ones that don't hear it are usually too far gone for anything less than medical help. mind you...i'm only talking about those guys who are psycho harrassers. not your simple, overly amorous guy.
Too true

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So he should skip the party.
I think i will tell him to skip the party... but send her a dull present, so he doesn't seem like a complete jerk. ;)

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
V.Melb said:
So he should skip the party.
I think i will tell him to skip the party... but send her a dull present, so he doesn't seem like a complete jerk. ;)
Send her a card.

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
omg at u people!

its easy...tell them u have a girlfriend.

its never easy turning a girl down cuz she'll remember it for the rest of her life. but its n turning down the guys....especially those who think they're so macho.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
can't he just not attend the party? im sure she'll get the gist if he wont show up. and he should avoid talking to her on the phone

1 - 20 of 22 Posts