Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have to sign up here and for play you have to go at the time to this chat : http://www.tennistriviatour.s5.com

Details:

Tournament: Roland Garros

Tier: Grand Slam

Schedule: Weeks 26 May - 1 Jun / 2 Jun - 8 Jun

Defending champion: Anabel

02'final: Anabel def Alx 6-2 6-3 3-6 6-4
01'final: Randy def ILT 6-3 6-2 6-0

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Commitments list

1. Anabel
2. Petosp
3. Leena
4. Steven
5. Kournikovafan13
6. Sonfo
7. Joseosu19
8. ASV
9. VSfan1
10. Dokic power
11. Mikey
12. Ryan15
13. Polishprodigy
14. Dario88
15. Randy
16. Paul
17. Lleyki
18. Nike78uk
19. Williamslover
20. AlexSydney
21. Alx
22. Jordan
23. ILT

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Former #1 announces come-back

Former TTT's #1 has announced on a press conference in Madrid on Thursday her come-back to the singles competition after more than 4 months inactive. Anabel has not played a singles match since her defeat at the Paris Open final against Alx. Although she never retired from doubles, Anabel decided to quit the singles tour after more than 2 years at the top, which meant a 2nd #1 in the TTT history, currently at the top. It also meant a career high for players such as Williamslover, Sonfo or Dokic power. Anyway, Anabel remarked that this is not a full come-back, as she is not planning to play a full schedule.

"I coming back just for two tournaments, Roland Garros & Wimbledon. It's always special to play at the Grand Slams, those are the tournaments that everyone on the tour want to win, and it feels coming-back as the defending champion"

Anabel has not won a singles tournament in 2003 yet, losing 4 finals in a row to Alx (Sydney, Aus Open, Tokyo pp (where she withdrew) and Paris)

"I'm not worried about that, you know i could have titles at this point of the season if i had continued playing... Im just in a point of my career where winning more tournaments or being at the top is not important anymore. I have lived that for more than 2 years, i think it's good that others are living it now."

The tour has changed a lot in the last 4 months, something that does not seem to worry to the former Grand Slam conqueer.

"I know the tour is harder now. When i left the tour 4 months ago, there were just 2 players playing everyfinal. Now world's #1 has not won a title for a while... i think it's a sign of how hard the tour is right now. There are new names at the top of the ranks... it will be interesting to see how i handle to them"

The TTT increase the emotion and the difficult with this come-back... we will have to wait and see how this will affect the tour.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Petosp is in!!!

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
I will copy paste what Leena told me in MSN

Leena.: can you add my names to sign ups for
tourneys :)
Petosp: yes i can
Leena.: thanks :)
Leena.: please sign me up for Rg

So Leena in for Roland Garros!!

Unless you want me to create another account for her :rolleyes:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
in!!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
in.

hope to defend the many points i have to defend from here.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
I'll play :)

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,452 Posts
Randy will be making his return from a 6 1/2 month injury layoff at Roland Garros :)

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Randy H said:
Randy will be making his return from a 6 1/2 month injury layoff at Roland Garros :)
Randy :kiss: you are more than Welcome, i have missed you a lot!!!!!

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,452 Posts
Hopefully I will not be as bad as Pawel (polishprodigy) in my comeback ;)

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
omg, past two winners coming-back for the tournament... :eek:

wellcome back Randy! ;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts