Tennis Forum banner

How many withdraws after draw is done per year

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some weeks ago we discussed about how people who withdraw after draws are done should not count...

But some people just have not consideration for other players, and are always making draws a mess with stupid withdraws just cause they didnt like the draw or are in a bad mood.

I think that there should be a limit for people withdraws after draws are done, so people would not do it whenever they feel to.

I think it's possible that you one week MUST really withdraw.. but lots of weeks would be suspicious, so my proposition is to have a limit of withdraws after draws are done.

Once this limits is superated, the withdraws will start to count as tournaments played.. so the questions is, what that limit should be? Vote.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
I completely agree. If people cant play, they should withdraw beforehand. If they find out they cant play during the week, then TRY at least to play, and tank if you want to. Or, give your opponent the walkover.

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,437 Posts
I think there should be a limit also, otherwise people can take advantage of the system and it is unfair to have people getting moved all over the draw because others decide not to play anymore.

Sometimes they are legitimate reasons, people have busy schedules etc., so I think 5 or 6 is acceptable but after that they should count on their tournament list, because if they are doing it that frequently then they should be more considerate of the others in the game to begin with if they are going to have to pull out all the time.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
I agree randy.. Plus sometimes home work come during the week so you don`t have time to withdraw before it happens or before the draw goes out.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Just a comment about the poll itself...

I think you should cancel this poll and create a new one. First you should get the vote that people want the new role. Then, and only then, can you set a number of tournaments. The numbers are going to be split because no one really knows whether they want 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7, but I do think that it will be much more decisive and fair if you start out by saying whether or not the rule should be instated it all.

I won't vote on this poll because I don't want my vote to count for nothing.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
i think its not that important..... there are 37??? events for the whole year . You wont have many chance to Withdraw if you wanna play the 30 you are allowed so.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
no limit :D

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
good point, 37 tournaments plus 6 withdraws makes it relatively pointless to have the only remaining tournament the only one that could possibly hurt the number

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,437 Posts
shut up Daniel ;)

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's why there is a 3 option in the poll.

Mikey, there is already a option sayign you dont like the rule. It's not that im going to make 200 polls

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
aww what a sweetheart

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,776 Posts
I had to withdraw some weeks ago for personal reasons. I hadn't expected those reasons when I signed up. I would vote for a: "Every withdrawal is allowed but only when it's fairly justified", but I don't see that rule.

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,439 Posts
I withdrew because I want to play ITF instead of beating Dario 61 60 and losing to Petosp 62 61.

I'm gonna be smarter now and only enter ITF or only enter an event where I get the chance to play a top player 1r.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
sonfo said:
I had to withdraw some weeks ago for personal reasons. I hadn't expected those reasons when I signed up. I would vote for a: "Every withdrawal is allowed but only when it's fairly justified", but I don't see that rule.
I would too, but how the fuck are you supposed to believe what you read on the internet? Any of us could easily lie at any time, so that point is moot.

I voted for 3.

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,776 Posts
when your personal reasons are reasonable, It's hard to lie at that point. I wouldn't lie with the death of a person for example.

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
Three tournaments. Let's not get exaggerated already. After all it is just a game, and your personal issues that force you to withdraw should take priority over TTT. We don't want people withdrawing just because they don't like the draw and who they are playing but then say that their aunt is sick or something like that (and yes many ppl are willing to make horrible lies).

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
anabel said:
That's why there is a 3 option in the poll.

Mikey, there is already a option sayign you dont like the rule. It's not that im going to make 200 polls
Anabel, a poll that has 5 options for yes and 1 option for no is hardly a fair poll. It's actually less fair for those who choose yes, not for those who pick no.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
sonfo said:
when your personal reasons are reasonable, It's hard to lie at that point. I wouldn't lie with the death of a person for example.
I know that a person like you, sonfo, would not do something like that, but I can bet my life that some certain players would do it without a second thought.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts