Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Results

1st round

Kimmie's Boy Aus/8 def Alextriber03 Can 6-1 6-4
Leena Rus/6 def Nica Est 6-1 6-0
AnnaK_fan Por def AlexSydney Aus/5 w.o.
Jordan Usa/7 def Dario88 Ita 6-0 6-1

Quarters

Kimmie's Boy Aus/8 def Petosp Ven/1 w.o.
Leena Rus/6 def Joseosu19 Usa/4 6-2 6-2
Steven Can/2 def AnnaK_Fan Por w.o.
Jordan Usa/7 def Randy Can/3 6-7(0) 6-3 7-6(0) :eek:

Semis

Leena Rus/6 def Kimmie's Boy Aus/8 6-1 6-1
Jordan Usa/7 def Steven Can/2 6-1 6-4

Final

Leena Rus/6 def Jordan Usa/7 6-1 6-2

Congrats Leena

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,212 Posts
I withdraw
Reason: I wont accept playing Leena on my quarter of the draw until the rankings are updated.

Last rankings entered
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=80639

I don`t understand why Alexsydney is ranked ahead of Leena when they have the same 1400 points and Leena has the edge since she has played lot less number of events :rolleyes: so she must be ahead of him.

Anyway i wont enter another event until this July ranking gets updated. Thanks

·
Banned
635 Posts
Petosp has a point.

Not even including US Open points, I'm the #2 seed by far here.

It's not fair we have to play before the final for 4th straight week, just because nobody does the rankings.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
wut iz dario's email

Reactions: Lee-Waters' Boy

·
Banned
635 Posts
Oh, and I was ahead AlexSydney at first, but Philip edited me back behind him.

I know that had nothing to do with me not being in Anabel's half for tournies during the summer. Of course not.

·
Banned
635 Posts
Here would be your rankings currently (rough estimation):

1: Alx (taking a break)
2: Anabel
3: Mikey (retired)
4: Sonfo (rarely plays)
5: Bernardo (rarely plays)
6: Petosp
7: Leena
8: Philip
9: Dokic Power (disappeared)
10: James (retired)

7, 8, 9 will be close, so I'm not sure on them.

Either way, I'd be a Top 4 seed for nearly every tourney, so there's no fear for Anabel facing me early on anymore. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Even I agree with Leena that this is unfair.

Somebody needs to get new rankings out, as it's ridiculous that this draw looks the way it does.

·
Banned
635 Posts
Mikey said:

Somebody needs to get new rankings out, as it's ridiculous that this draw looks the way it does.
Hey, I didn't start it, Petosp did. :)

Being seeded low gives me more bonus points for winning. Toronto and US Open was a fine example of that.

The downside is it fucks over players like Petosp, Mikey, ASV, (never anabel though) who earned their seeding, and shouldn't have to play monsters like me in the early rounds.

I'd also like to know my true ranking and seeding, too.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,212 Posts
Mikey said:

I was the one who complained Mono :p ;) please support me ;)

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1) Philip left rankings without advise so i had to take over it now.

2) The way Philip used to do ranks is not very proper for this game, so im back to my method which was great but im doing every ranking since i stopped doing them back in February, so it will take a while untill i get them updated.

3) I can't continue from Palermo ranks, cause there could be mystakes in previous ranks, so there's no way im doing ranks now and could have to re-done them in the future as it would be a waste of time.

4) Leena is not in your quarter.

5) Even if ranks were updated. the draw could look the way it does now, the only difference would be the seed behind Leena's name and not behind AlexSydney

6) I'm not afraid of facing anyone in this game, so i dont care playing anyone in the 1st round or in the final, so the delay of the ranks is not cause it's good for me... :rolleyes:

7) Leena, im much better than you in this game at the moment, so why would i care having you in my half in my summer tournaments? We have played in lots of same tournaments as it has been you who failed to reach my round... Try to beat me first, and even if you do it, you will need much more wins to over take me or Alx or Sonfo or Mikey in this game.

8) For all those players who do not play the game... there's not reason to post comments here, i mean i do not go to FWTA or Fantasy Season to post things cause i do not play the game, so if you do not play the game, dont come here making fights...

9) Thanks.

·
Banned
635 Posts
Let's respond to this arrogant ignorance!

anabel said:
3) I can't continue from Palermo ranks, cause there could be mystakes in previous ranks, so there's no way im doing ranks now and could have to re-done them in the future as it would be a waste of time.
Then why did you have Philip do the rankings in the first place, if you don't trust him? Shouldn't we just ignore all his rankings then? Completely unnecessary to do all that work... I really doubt Philip is out to screw everyone in the rankings.

anabel said:
5) Even if ranks were updated. the draw could look the way it does now, the only difference would be the seed behind Leena's name and not behind AlexSydney
Quite a stupid remark here, Anabeebee. If the rankings were updated, I'd definitely be ranked #9 after Toronto and New Haven. A quick addition of the summer hardcourt tournaments would figure that out. Then, I'd definitely be the #2 seed in Bali, far ahead of Steven, and thus I wouldn't be able to face Petosp until the final.

anabel said:
7) Leena, im much better than you in this game at the moment, so why would i care having you in my half in my summer tournaments? We have played in lots of same tournaments as it has been you who failed to reach my round... Try to beat me first, and even if you do it, you will need much more wins to over take me or Alx or Sonfo or Mikey in this game.
Nobody has said I'm "overtaking" you or Alx or Sonfo. I'd have to win like 20 tournaments, and dominate the tour for a longer time for me to be in that elite group.

Now, Let's review the same tournies we've been in, these all of them since I started:

Wimbledon - You won, I withdrew in the QF because I was pissed with umping. Can't count that one.

Stanford & Los Angeles - I lost 3rd set tiebreaks to Mikey at BOTH tournaments. Hardly a loss to hang your hat on. While you were beating Pawel and Philip to reach the final, and you lost to Mikey in straight sets in LA.

Toronto - I won the tourney beating Alx, and Mikey... you withdrew.

Plus 5 other titles for me since Roland Garros.

I'd hardly say you've been "much better" than me this summer.

The truth is, I'm the only new player who has a chance of beating you, plus you hate my guts. You'd be rather upset losing to me. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts