SIMPLIFY
BEGGIN BEGUINE
BAJANGURL
STEAM
TS
SM
APOET
BEN BRIGHAM

NEW PARTICIPANTS : TO JOIN IN, JUST SUBMIT A POST ANNOUNCING THAT YOU HAVE JOINED ‘TRUTH TO BE TOLD’ AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE SCRUTINISED BY THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS.

VISITORS : I CAN’T STOP YOU FROM POSTING BUT PLEASE TRY NOT TO DISRUPT THE FLOW OF DISCUSSION. I’M SORRY BUT IF YOU BECOME ‘ABUSIVE’ TO THE THREAD, YOU WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINISTRATORS.

AS A THREAD WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF ‘TRUTH BE TOLD’?

To share with posters (who willingly participate), on an on-going basis, your opinions about them and their behaviour on the board based on what they have contributed since they joined WTA World.

WHAT POSTERS ARE YOU ALLOWED (AND ENCOURAGED) TO CRITIQUE?

The posters who were willing to participate! Please AVOID making comments about NON-PARTICIPATING posters. If you need to mention them please only do so in an arbitrary manner.

For example : “Ben I thought you were rather callous when you said on CanIGetAWhat’s One Night Stand thread that...”

HOW HONEST SHOULD YOU BE?

As honest as you want to be coz we’ve all given our consent to criticise and to be criticised. In the event that a row occurs let the incident unfold naturally with involved parties equally having their say. Bystanding participants may intervene or just observe.

WHAT ABOUT NON-PARTICIPATING WTA WORLD MEMBERS WHO SUBMIT POSTS TO ‘TRUTH BE TOLD’?

I don’t want to make it so strict BUT...I don’t want ‘Truth Be Told’ to evolve into a just another chat thread that strays from its topic so I would encourage everyone to please ignore intruders. ;) I’m not saying don’t be conversational with the participants but let’s stay on track. Please see the ‘What Band’ thread as a point of reference on consistency and focus.

WHAT IS THE TOPICAL STRUCTURE OF ‘TRUTH BE TOLD’?

There are really (in my opinion) 2 ways to approach ‘Truth To Be Told’ :

1. Posting your opinions of other posters based on the amount of time you’ve been a member of the boards. We might not “speak” with each often or we may have never “spoken” prior to this thread but seeing that many of us are regular posters there’s a good chance we’ve read each others’ posts (not all but some). You may not be able to recall the exact thread so it’s not necessary to cut and paste a post but you can specify what you remember and the impression it left you of that poster.

2. Posting your opinions of other posters based on actual threads that you cut and paste. Submit the posters’s quote and then enter your own observation of that post.

The discussion is always open-ended!

EVERYONE IS EXPECTED TO RESPOND TO EVERY TOPIC OF OBSERVATION EVEN IF IT’S TO SAY THAT YOU HAVE NO PERTINENT VIEW ON IT.

COZ WE HAVE DIFFERENT SCHEDULES WE DON’T NEED TO WAIT UNTIL EVERYONE’S REPLIED TO A CERTAIN OBSERVATION TO MOVE ON TO OTHER OBSERVATIONS.

THERE CAN BE SEVERAL OBSERVATIONS GOING ON AT THE SAME TIME.

For example: Deuce Diva and Sartrista can critique G-Ha on something he said in ‘Ask G-Ha Anything’ while Rebecca, Leena and Simplify submit observations on Tine’s post in ‘Justine is better than Serena’.

I reckon there are probably other things to discuss about ‘Truth Be Told’ but these are the basics for now. Please don’t hesitate to raise ‘issues’ that I may have neglected to mention.

Cheers,

Ben :wavey:

I’m following this introduction with our first assignment : GENERAL IMPRESSIONS.

I’ll be right back! :)

Reactions: JonBcn

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Let’s open ‘Truth Be Told’ with GENERAL IMPRESSIONS of each other. I’ll begin. :)

In no particular oder :

Deuce Diva : Fantastic sense of humour. A bit naughty as well. I did a check of times you post and it seems that you post the entire time you’re at work. ;) You’re either terribly dissatisfied with your job and WTA World makes it palatable or you have the type of job where you’re busy for an hour or so and have literally nothing else to do the rest of the day. I think you’re self-confident but you can doubt yourself when you encounter an imposing personality. When you first started posting (in February I believe) I was suspicious that you were another poster because you seemed rather ‘familiar’ for someone who was ‘new’ and you were aggressive in your posting (making sure we “saw” you hehe). In my experience when people first join the boards they are subdued and getting accustomed to the routine of posting but you weren’t that way at all DD. :)

Sartrista : Wry humour. Intelligent. Perhaps a bohemian at heart? I think it’s important to you to come across as self-confident with a brash exterior yet it’s important to you as well that people respect you although you won’t deliberately say certain things to gain that repect. As I said before on another thread I think you’re still coming to terms with being gay (I realise you’re bi) but I think you may have a bit of residual shame for the man-loving side of you. I think you’re conflicted with the many hats you wear - the bohemian in you may resent the traditionalist in you, for example. One last thing - I envy the fact that there are a few posters who ‘worship’ you. It can be a bit much seeing them ‘sucking up’ to you (hehe just taking the piss). The tendency to show the boards that they know your real first name always cracks me up coz it’s not subtle at all (everyone does it on the boards so don’t take offence). ;)

G-Ha : Well I didn’t realise you’d be as outgoing as you have been in recent months. You’re smart and very much like Keith (the Cappy fan) you’re sexually liberated and that’s great! You don’t post as much as the others so I can’t offer much more than that. Oh as I said on your ‘Ask’ thread I do know you’re a keen observer of the board knowing more than most coz you’re reading more than posting. :p

Rebecca : Yet another funny person but with more of a dry (and sarcastic) sense of humour. I like seeing you ‘be nice’ when you’re replying to a ‘sincere’ post and you’re just straightforward. I reckon that stems from once too often seeing sarcasm in your posts and the infamous rows you’ve had with other posters. I don’t know Becca if I’m entirely convinced you’re 100% self-confident though you put on a plausible facade. I can get a bit irked when you go into ‘belittling’ mode but I admire the audacity! :p

Leena : I don’t know you that well but I do realise that you’re outspoken. sarcastic and a little vain. I think you take this board with a pinch of salt and I crack up at your confrontational manner with the administrators. I have a feeling that you’re more of an independent person and having close board friends isn’t that essential to you. That’s it for now Leena but I’ll be observing. ;)

Sam L : You haven’t made a strong impression on my yet but here’s what I get thus far. You’re a big tennis fan (both of players of the present and the past) and you love cinema as well. I think you’re a bit on the reserved side but you’re not so reserved to where you couldn’t laugh a dirty joke or tell one of your own. Your sexual preference? I wouldn’t be surprised either way though. Not sure. (You-know-who didn’t volunteer any information lol - if Sam doesn’t mind me sharing, he had lunch with a poster not too long ago). :eek:

Tine : Another smart and passionate poster. Like many of the others Tine is rather direct. I don’t think you take yourself too seriously though at times I think you’re too insistent to ‘win’ arguments even ones that aren’t terribly important. I think you’re lonely and want a boyfriend but perhaps are a bit too selective and too intimidating to some blokes. I think you might struggle with being a female that has an affinity for previous decades or centuries and a modern day female who wants to be treated equally without conditions. I’m envious of the closeness of the Belgian posters though not so much so that I can’t be happy for your ‘closeness’ as compatriots. :)

Simplify : Hiya! :wavey: I recognise your name but sorry I don’t know anything about you. I will research your posts and post an observation in the next days. Welcome! ;)

Now it's your turn...

:wavey:

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Hi Ben- I thought you were going to include me as a member :confused: well, i am now a part of this thread and i agree to the rules ;)

DD- From the very beginning that i noticed you, i thought you were funny as hell. I did not for one second think you were in Hong Kong :D I also thought "is she black" because of some of your responses in a *certain* threads, now i know what the deal is ;) You are my type of chick and someone i would definitely get on with in real life...the board is real life too, i guess but you guys know what i mean. Anyway, you rubbed me the right way from the beginning. I didn't always agree with some of your posts in those Iraq threads but i would always find what i agreed with to respond ;) We all have those posters here we like that we look the other direction and you are one of mine :kiss:

Ben- I really only realized you in some thread when you said that you like to observe- now famous for that statement. I realized how right you were when you asked me some questions in that thread dedicated to asking me questions ;) Then i really got to know you a bit more in the Black Rockers thread when you paid me a compliment, ofcourse. I notice your facination with Dawn & Rebecca--still wondering what that is about ;)

Sam L- I don't often notice your post, except for when the Iraq threads were here and i think you enetered teh Rocker thread- didnt' everyone :D Don't quite know you but looking forward to- i think you like movies :)

Rebecca- well, what can i say about my Becs...when i use to only come on here and read threads, i noticed you but how can you not ;) I really enjoyed some of your posts and always had a chuckle. Then when i became a resident, i still enjoyed but some of your jumping in & out as i like to call it was irritating but i always remain a like for you...When you post seriously, you are one of the most insightful and honest posters, imo. I notice that recently you haven't been as trite and quirky, well only to your fighting partner but that is a special relationship ;) I don't know if you have consciously stopped or certain people aren't around anymore :D Care to answer? Actually, you were one of the people that i tried saying hi to when i first came on and would get no acknowledgement- i was bummed about that...but i think its a newbies thing..people take some time to notice you. Oh, and only once did i really get irritated by you and that was in that thread, i forgot the topic but i think you know what i mean. It was the first time that i felt like you directly attacked me and boy was i steaming :fiery: I decided to ignore you for a while but I am not one to hold grudges and i take the board as lighly as possible.

Tine- I enjoy most if not all of what you have to say but you never directly interact with me, even if i respond to something you say- why? I don't lose sleep over it but i have noticed that you have given me rep points but didn't interact with me in the thread..anyway...I don't know if there was something i said when i first came here that offended you because i know some people here hold grudges :confused: In a thread or two you came across as 'full of yourself', i don't know if that is the term i want to use but for now, its what is coming to mind. Please don't be offended, but that is just one perception of you that i have had and it doesn't translate all the time. You come across as a very nice person....And Tine if i have any typos or grammar errors, i hope i don't come across as not intelligent;) Actually that was one of the your post that i thought you were being a bit 'pretentious'...but thats my thing because i often have some errors and am like so now i come across as stupid?..see, i understand that all our reactions to people, are really about something in us...so i see it as more about my insecurity of coming across as stupid as me thinking you are pretentious...but as a human, i would point out what i think is wrong with you- got me... :cool: :wavey:

Leena- the resident bitch...I only call you that because i know you take pride in it :p I am still not sure if that is your personality here or if you really are like that but i like you. I have yet to take anything you say in a bad way, i don't know why some get riled up :D

Satrista- i want to know if that is your name?? Hi....i first really started noticing you in *LSG's* threads :eek: The race one and the-wiat, aren't they all about race :rolleyes: Anyway, you are witty and intelligent.. I often agree with most of what you have to say. Now i know you are a Venus fan and not one of Serena's-- didn't really know that, so i like you even more now. One of my favorite posters and i haven't really had any other 'deeper' perceptions about you yet;)

Simplify- I don't know you at all :confused: But hope i get to in this thread....

G-Ha- Now getting to know you, you don't post much....so i really can't give any honest 'judgements'...abd guys remember these are all judgments from your posts. I already feel like people are going to take offense to honesty...

okay- i have to go eat now :wavey:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Hey Ben, I like the parameters you've set for this thread...

I don't have a lot of time at the moment (being at work, as you know), so I'll do my run-down of the members later.

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
DeuceDiva said:
ben i was just wondering today where our thread was...lol. okay, let me go work on this...brb.. :wavey:

well?? As marcusrocks would say- don't pop a vein...:p

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
bajangurl - oh my goodness...lol. when i first came on this board, i liked you to begin with. i remember when you asked me if i was a male and thought to myself, "this girl is so wrong"...lol. i've since then gotten to know you even better and it just gets better and better... ;) you are definitely someone i wouldn't mind getting to know better and maybe even shopping with (don't even THINK of taking the last baby tee)...we need to do kauai sometime... :) joy, you strike me as someone who could be a friend in real life... ;)

sartrista - met you in the first thread i really got involved in. and you were funny as hell. when most everyone else knew that my whole hong kong schpiel was just a joke, you knew exactly where i was coming from and i've enjoyed you ever since. only problem i had with you was when you and i started arguing over the same guy...lmao...come to think of it that's the only disagreement you and i have had here, huh? ;)

ben brigham - sensible, kind and just an all around enjoyable poster. you never struck me as someone who came across as overt or offensive. i've yet to interract with you extensively in threads, but i'm looking forward to. :) you're right about one thing though, ben...i sometimes have these long stretches of down time and yes...i admit...for the most part, wtaworld is minimized on my screen... ;)

g-ha - this bitch has been solely responsible for my lack of clothing...lmao! honestly though, g-ha is fun. always lurking there in non-tennis like this specter figure that only comes out to play when mentioned. i haven't always agreed with some of your comments, but i've never disagreed with them so much that i couldn't like you. ben, talk about people without job satisfaction? i've thought that of good old g-ha here myself... ;)

rebecca - omg! the first night i joined i met up with this girl...lol. i post this thread and she comes in in complete rebecca-style and says something that rubs me the wrong way...and then we both ended up in the black rocker chick thread! oy vey! lol...i remember sometime during the life of that thread thinking, "G-d do not let me run across this girl in a dark alley while i'm driving my suv..." ;) one thing though that is hard to deny...rebecca is smart, straight-forward and she's got balls. you absolutetly cannot help but respect that. i'd rather deal with that (even if it's against me) than with a bullshitter. lately, i've noticed that she gets herself into these...uh...disagreements? lol...i'm worried for you rebecca...lol...one more thing. i think rebecca is truly a softie at heart. she just doesn't want to show it.

sam l - sam you and i have mainly interracted in the iraq threads. we haven't always agreed, but you're a good poster with solid ideas, and i've enjoyed the tete a tete... ;)

simplify - sorry, i don't know you. maybe this thread will change that.

beggin beguine - i haven't interracted much at all with beggin, but i can't say that i've ever seen anything from beggin that wasn't real. i've always enjoyed reading beggin's posts although i get the feeling that beggin isn't much of a people person...i could be wrong and maybe in inerracting in this tread i'll get to know beggin more. :)

leena - i only started noticing leena lately. i remember thinking to myself, "my, how vain this person is"...but some of the caustic remarks from leena are so shocking that you can't help but ctfu! lol..there is no doubt that she's the resident bitch. just a couple of days ago i went into the bugs/error thread to see if there was any information on something that i had wondered about and there was this post from leena about being disappointed in the admins again...i laughed and thought, "damn, this bitch just does not give up, does she?" :D

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Everyone thinks I'm this mean, uncaring bitch. :p

I'll post here in a bit... this looks really fun. ;)

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
DeuceDiva said:
bajangurl - oh my goodness...lol. when i first came on this board, i liked you to begin with. i remember when you asked me if i was a male and thought to myself, "this girl is so wrong"...lol. i've since then gotten to know you even better and it just gets better and better... ;) you are definitely someone i wouldn't mind getting to know better and maybe even shopping with (don't even THINK of taking the last baby tee)...we need to do kauai sometime... :) joy, you strike me as someone who could be a friend in real life... ;)
hahaha- thats right, i remember asking you that because you were being so ballsy and truth be told, i must have thought you were Asian then-lol--stereotypes, stereotypes :D

oh, yeah, it was Satrista that you were fighting with for whatshisname's attention ;) I remember that- you must have had a good laugh, knowing what i know-ha!

shopping, Kauai- let me get my palm pilot- you know, I'm a kept woman- I am busy :D

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hiya everyone! :wavey:

Joy you're ideal for this thread (I like your chemistry with DD)! Welcome aboard! :)

It looks good thus far. :) G-Ha I'm at work as well so I do understand. I have heaps of work to finish and I'm tired of minimising every time a colleague comes by but I wanted to see if any of you had responded.

I'll check back tomorrow. I'm actually going out after work (a mate has tickets to a classical music concert) which is a rarity. Unless I'm really horny and want to go pick up some bloke I stay in on Friday nights.

Cheers! ;)

Leena you're colourful. Good on you!

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Hi Ben- well, lets see how ideal i am once people are offended by my honesty ;) I can take constructive criticism as well:) you're gay also? sure being gay is a minority? doesn't seem so on this board :D Yeah, me & DD have what they call in Hong Kong- Chemistry...but i have that with a lot of folks here ;) I'm big on the connections i make with people but in my life, i don't let too many people in..i can count my real friends on one hand, the others are just acquaintances... I just prefer not too many people...small circle is good for me...i don't like pretenses...

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
*joui visits*

I don't have time to get even more deeply involved in the board, as this thread would demand....hell, I keep trying to give the board up ;) ....but this is very interesting. I reckon I'll lurk here a bit.

:wavey:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Ben-well you're quite the characters. When I first saw some of your post under "ben" I laughed. You crack me up the way you enjoy entertaining on here when your bored. No more questions for now, but you know they are coming..lol

DeuceDiva-I find you to be funny! your HoNG Kong post were hilarious. I just didn't understand why you thought I preceived you as some enemy? You never answered back when you sent me that PM a few days ago???

I never said you were an enemy to me or implied it .. I think you're funny as hell!! Which is why I always give you approves.:)

Keep makin me laugh girl!:)

Joy-funny, bright you seem like a good person. Not afraid to go against the grain. I like the fact that you seem like you're very diversified. Funny women you are!!:)

Sartrista-we don't always agree, but your a passionate thinker! When u feel strongly about something you are in it for the long haul! Great poster!!

Simplify-don't know much about you... hopefully as this thread goes on I soon will. I do remember one post where you got on my nerve. It's all good now tho!

Sam L. Cool guy. Nice all-around poster! Keep up the good work! Anyone who likes my signature is a friend of mine!

Leena-u seem cool, but at times it seem you're playing a part..rather than playing a poster. We never had any disagreements or encounters, you're cool with me. Sometimes tho you come off as being the bitch way too much. It overkill at times.

in short you're a cool gurl.

More to come later............

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
DeuceDiva, I have a bone to pick with you. When you came on this board, did you not say you were from Hong Kong? Did you also not have this annoying way of stringing sentences together as if English was your second language? I'm sorry if you didn't do that, for it might've been a figment of my imagination. But I am sure it was you.

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
DeuceDiva-I find you to be funny! your HoNG Kong post were hilarious. I just didn't understand why you thought I preceived you as some enemy? You never answered back when you sent me that PM a few days ago???

hello dawn marie...actually, correction. you sent me an approve with the most oddly cryptic message. so...i gave you an approve and said that i wish you'd come straight about what you really mean since you seem to love directness just about as much as i do. you pm'd me then, and said for me to explain. i did...ball's in your court, since you've yet to respond. btw...glad to be keeping you entertained... :wavey:

1 - 20 of 350 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.