Tennis Forum banner

Will Trump be convicted in his second impeachment?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
So you hope this generation remains stagnant... Thanks for confirming how low a bar you've set for yourself and for world leaders.
No, I love this generation. Wagonloads of quitters, whenever they face a problem, cos they don't know how to deal with it after their parents solved everything for them during their upbringing. No social skills, no perseverance. People who freak out once they don't get their will. My job is safe until pension age. Hope I can amass enough money for my pension age, cos this generation will not pay for it.

Reactions: kaiakanepifan

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Donald is impeached for a second time - the first time that this has happened in US history! What will be the outcome? Will he be convicted this time around?

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
No, I love this generation. Wagonloads of quitters, whenever they face a problem, cos they don't know how to deal with it after their parents solved everything for them during their upbringing. No social skills, no perseverance. People who freak out once they don't get their will. My job is safe until pension age. Hope I can amass enough money for my pension age, cos this generation will not pay for it.

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
This time round they have stronger grounds. Before, Republican senators stood to gain from supporting Trump and so would not move a finger against him. Now, it's hard to stand in a spot where you'd be better off to align with him. That said, some view that this will just further divide the nation and arouse anger and may note vote against him.

·
Premium Member
31,845 Posts
Biden is inaugurated in literally less than a week. Can this country get any stupider?

Also, there is a special thread for US Politics on this forum.

Reactions: Lord Choc Ice

·
Registered
20,143 Posts
Biden is inaugurated in literally less than a week. Can this country get any stupider?

Well, this is a poll... can't do that in the US Politics thread, thus a separate thread.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
It was never that smart to be fair. Now it's finally showing some slightly positive signs of brain activity.

·
Registered
9,016 Posts
So they impeached him solely for the inciting. That is a bit disappointing to me. You can argue he did not literally order his followers to storm the Capitol.

What I personally found far more damning was the fact he did not do anything while it was happening. Didn't call the National Guard, didn't bring out an immediate order to stop even though both his political enemies and friends were in danger. They wanted to hang his own VP for crying out loud. Gross negligence at the very least.

Edit: And no, I don't think he will be convicted because the Republicans are terrorised, cowardly and/or secretly or openly supporting Trump's actions.

·
Premium Member
31,845 Posts
If he gets convicted, it means he won't be able to run again in 2024. And principles matter - his actions should have repercussions.
Why are the Dems so worried Trump would run in 2024? I thought Joe Biden beat him easily in 2020.

·
Registered
40,098 Posts

Your whining didn't work the first time, so what are you expecting now?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts