Tennis Forum banner

Will Trump be convicted in his second impeachment?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
38,134 Posts
Which makes him literally and officially unpardonable now. #LockHimUp

Reactions: Zula and JN

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Oh my god. Haha.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I mean, we already know this was gonna happen. And the Senate is gonna acquit him. Don't take this too seriously, it's essentially changing nothing.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean, we already know this was gonna happen. And the Senate is gonna acquit him. Don't take this too seriously, it's essentially changing nothing.
It may or may not result in his removal from office but it still matters because it's at least a public signal that his conduct is not acceptable. When world leaders are not held to account, continue to show incompetence and contempt for those they are supposed to serve it's yet another sign that things are spiralling out of control. So this for me is a slither of hope. [Our Aussie PM is MIA/holidaying in Hawaii while our country is literally burning so I am extremely disillusioned by our supposed world leaders. ScoMo has indeed demonstrated that he is a bonafide, card carrying mofo]

If anything, this impeachment process reveals the values of the people they have elected to office. If the Republicans ignore the evidence before them and disregard their obligation to do what is in the best interests of the country, then the American people will have to decide again what mediocre standards, incompetence and moral corruption they're willing to tolerate. I hope it'll be a better outcome than last time around.

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Unfortunately it means nothing; he will not be removed from office and this may ultimately embolden him for the 2020 election, especially with no formidable competition. #killme

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Unfortunately it means nothing; he will not be removed from office and this may ultimately embolden him for the 2020 election, especially with no formidable competition. #killme
Exactly this. He has proven, that he can shoot someone on 5th Ave and still win. The Democrats will be crushed in the elections. My sister said that this makes this term void and he might be up for 2 more now, but I seriously dont believe that.

·
Registered
38,134 Posts
Exactly this. He has proven, that he can shoot someone on 5th Ave and still win. The Democrats will be crushed in the elections. My sister said that this makes this term void and he might be up for 2 more now, but I seriously dont believe that.
Still win with the (demographically shrinking) Deplorables; the main political aim of impeachment was to keep his approval ratings underwater and hurt him in the eyes of undecided voters, but tbh this might energize the Deps and not do him much damage with the undecided, so who knows. Still, the best he can hope for is a repeat of the fluke of 2016, although maybe this time he could marginally win the popular vote, but there's no way in hell he's going to crush someone like Biden.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How is it that world leaders are held to a lower standard than the rest of us? If I were to brag about grabbing someone by their private parts, I'd get fired. If I blackmailed a stakeholder to compel them to do something for me, I'd be fired. If I were that persistently belligerent and unable to conduct myself in a professional way, I'd be fired.

There's a "The Apprentice" joke in there but frankly, I don't have the energy. He should be fired.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Still win with the (demographically shrinking) Deplorables; the main political aim of impeachment was to keep his approval ratings underwater and hurt him in the eyes of undecided voters, but tbh this might energize the Deps and not do him much damage with the undecided, so who knows. Still, the best he can hope for is a repeat of the fluke of 2016, although maybe this time he could marginally win the popular vote, but there's no way in hell he's going to crush someone like Biden.
We'll see that. I was so hard laughed at by everyone, when he said he will run in the primaries, I said that he will be president.

I don't see him winning the popular vote, California and New York are way too big. But the battleground states will be interesting again. Especially after this useless attempt to impeach him.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
How is it that world leaders are held to a lower standard than the rest of us? If I were to brag about grabbing someone by their private parts, I'd get fired. If I blackmailed a stakeholder to compel them to do something for me, I'd be fired. If I were that persistently belligerent and unable to conduct myself in a professional way, I'd be fired.
That's because the voter is not a snowflake, snowflakedom only began in generation Z.

Easy to see here when it comes to Pam Shriver and Mary Carillo. Young ppl on here hate them. Though they are super hilarious and entertaining.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's because the voter is not a snowflake, snowflakedom only began in generation Z.

Easy to see here when it comes to Pam Shriver and Mary Carillo. Young ppl on here hate them. Though they are super hilarious and entertaining.
Solid logic :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
We'll see that. I was so hard laughed at by everyone, when he said he will run in the primaries, I said that he will be president.

I don't see him winning the popular vote, California and New York are way too big. But the battleground states will be interesting again. Especially after this useless attempt to impeach him.
Sammo's right about demographics.
Trump could win the 2020 election and probably will, but if things continue going on the way they are, white america is doomed.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Solid logic :rolleyes:
Of course. Being offended by the slightest thing on the sideroad of your own path is a pretty recent phenomenon.

But I like it. It will keep my job safe until pension age. Snowflakism is not gonna get this generation anywhere. I love it.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
oing on the way they are, white america is doomed.
So lets see, what happens to colorful Murica. China will be an interesting opponent in the next decades.

·
Registered
38,134 Posts
Of course. Being offended by the slightest thing on the sideroad of your own path is a pretty recent phenomenon.

But I like it. It will keep my job safe until pension age. Snowflakism is not gonna get this generation anywhere. I love it.
If a prominent German Muslim had said the things Trump has said I'm sure your reaction would be just the same.

Reactions: Daydreamer

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Speaks volumes that Trump supporters rarely* ever provide a cogent argument when they try to defend him. It's more often than not a "oh, look over there" type comment rather than a "he has done x, y and z to improve life for the people of the US".

So you hope this generation remains stagnant... Thanks for confirming how low a bar you've set for yourself and for world leaders.

* I haven't come across one but I remain open to the possibility

1 - 20 of 34 Posts