Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lindsay Davenport
Martina Hingis
Monica Seles
Serena Williams
Venus Williams

These are the only players who qualify for this group. Jennifer Capriati is the next closest to qualifying, but she can thank Venus for keeping her out.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
:confused:

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
There all pregnant? ;)

To join the club or be in the club is Australian slang for being pregnant by the way ;)

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hmm, I haven't a clue. I'm guessing it has something to do with being one of the only players to have defeated Venus or something.

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,468 Posts
The only active players to score wins over all the current top 10 players?

Jennifer's losses to Venus last year eluded her from joining the group, and Monica's win over Venus in Melbourne added her to the list?

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
only players to....

Adrian, Serena has defeated Venus...at the 1999 Grand Slam Cup in Munich after she won the 1999 US Open Singles title

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
Yes Danny (BTW I read that statement by Adrian wrong)

But, as an even bigger fan (well not really) would know, that loss did not count on Venus's record because the Grand Slam Cup wasn't a WTA event.:cool:

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
a loss is still a loss, so there! :p

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
So Randy's answer is not right then....

DH, I want another Clue

Simple clue, like the bloody answer ;)

·
Registered
32,314 Posts
They were all US OPEN finalists. Jen lost to Venus last year in the semis!

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,468 Posts
I guess it depends on which wins are taken into consideration?

Fed Cup, Hopman Cup, and Grand Slam cup are not WTA events, but many still consider them legitimate wins - and if you look at ITF database record, the Grand Slam Cup matches are listed.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
I think Randy's answer is correct. I don't see any other answer that would go with why Monica was added to the list during the Australian Open. Also, all 5 of these players have defeated all players in the top ten, except for Jennifer, who has yet to have beaten Venus.

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,468 Posts
Lindsay and Monica have played eachother 11 times, with Monica winning their first 2 meetings, and Lindsay winning the next 9.

I'd ask a new question but I think we need DH in here to confirm whether anyone has answered the question correctly?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts