Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,938 Posts
I love how nowadays so called journalists take several random tweets and present it a stance of the whole (huge) group. Also where are those "trans people destroying records in track, weightlifting and other events" (Caster Semenya is not trans)?

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.... Also where are those "trans people destroying records in track, weightlifting and other events" (Caster Semenya is not trans)?
There are plenty. Maybe you don't read the news. Some are even posted here, in this section.

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too many.. Just search this site or google..
You will find things like this: "Elsewhere in Great Britain, transgender rugby player Kelly Morgan is laying waste to opponents in a Welsh women’s rugby league."

·
Registered
8,938 Posts
Too many.. Just search this site or google..
You will find things like this: "Elsewhere in Great Britain, transgender rugby player Kelly Morgan is laying waste to opponents in a Welsh women’s rugby league."
I did and failed to found any. Apart from powerlifter Mary Gregory who was eventually...stripped of her records the same year she broke them.
That's why I'm a asking a simple question :shrug: If there are too many it shouldn't be hard to name at least 3 of them.
And I'm sorry but playing rugby league is not "destroying records in track, weightlifting and other events". The author was clearly referring to Caster who is NOT transgender.

also this should be moved to LGBT issues thread.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Author of this article seems to live in bubble in USA and wrote a really one-sided text which doesn't have much with reality. It's feels like an attack on the left side using trans people like a weapon.

Trans people have one of toughest lifes in most countries in the world, they're extremely prone to violence from other people when they're living openly. Most of their families don't want to know them, they're often living alone or are scared of reaction of other people, so they're torturing living with body they don't want live with. This is reality of most trans people in this world and the author forgot about it or didn't want to write about it.

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did and failed to found any. Apart from powerlifter Mary Gregory who was eventually...stripped of her records the same year she broke them.
That's why I'm a asking a simple question :shrug: If there are too many it shouldn't be hard to name at least 3 of them.
And I'm sorry but playing rugby league is not "destroying records in track, weightlifting and other events". The author was clearly referring to Caster who is NOT transgender.
also this should be moved to LGBT issues thread.
You didn't search for anything. Did you see this on this forum?
https://www.tennisforum.com/13-non-tennis/1320187-should-transgender-girls-girls%92-track-teams-megyn-kelly-roundtable.html

And google has plenty of links. But you didn't find anything.... wow.. I didn't even have to search for more than 1 minute. I stopped right there.
https://nypost.com/2019/03/04/trans-athletes-are-making-a-travesty-of-womens-sports/
https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/trans-powerlifter-smashes-womens-world-records-to-transphobes-chagrin/
https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/health/transgender-weightlifter-controversy-trnd/index.html
https://www.wnd.com/2017/03/female-athletes-crushed-by-women-who-were-once-men/
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2018/06/08/transgender-athletes-sweep-races/

·
Registered
8,938 Posts
Are you serious?
Mary Gregory was stripped of her records and I referred to it earlier.
The Connecticut case (3 of your links refer to this) and Laurel Hubbard are just two cases of "trans people destroying records in track, weightlifting and other events" across the world.
That's what I'm saying. The author has some good points, but is also manipulating the facts. I agree that both mentioned cases are not clean and these athletes have an unfair advantage over cis-women athletes but saying "there's plenty of such cases" is BS. Also it's not like LGBT+ communities agree on that topic and have one statement about trans people competing with cis-people. If you'd looked at the debate over Semenya's case you'd know about that.

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I agree that both mentioned cases are not clean and these athletes have an unfair advantage...
Stop right there.... No need to look for excuses.
Men who dress like women and think they are women are still men. They shouldn't be allowed to compete against women in Sports. They have men's bone.
And like that person said in the article, "if 1000 year from now, their bones are recovered from 7-feet under, the researchers will say 'we found men's bones'. Not 'we found female bones'.
They are men. Whether they like it or not.
And stop with Semenya who's not a transgender. Semenya was born with a genetic anomaly, having both a vagina and a dick. Transwomen are not born with a vagina.
The End.

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
Absolute10; said:
They shouldn't be allowed to compete against women in Sports.

https://nwlc.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Womens-Groups-Sign-on-Letter-Trans-Sports-4.9.19.pdf

Statement of Women’s Rights and Gender Justice Organizations in Support of Full and Equal Access to Participation in Athletics for Transgender People

We, the undersigned organizations committed to women’s rights and gender justice, support the full inclusion of transgender people in athletics. Our organizations have a long history of advocating for fairness in sports and opportunities for all women to benefit from athletic participation and competition. Inclusion of transgender women and girls in women’s sports advances those goals. As organizations that care deeply about ending sex-based discrimination and ensuring equal access to athletics for women and girls, we support laws and policies that protect transgender people from discrimination, including in participation in sports, and reject the suggestion that cisgender women and girls benefit from the exclusion of women and girls who happen to be transgender.

more ...

Advocates for womens sport strongly support INCLUSION of transgender athletes in womens sports.

As someone who coached womens sports for over 20 years and who lobbied for passage of Title IX over 47 years ago, I strongly endorse the position taken in this publication. And it's the law.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
As someone who coached womens sports for over 20 years and who lobbied for passage of Title IX over 47 years ago, I strongly endorse the position taken in this publication. And it's the law.
So you believe that transgenders(men) should compete against women in fighting sports such as UFC where they could literally kill the other person, because the physical differences are so massive is the way forward? :grin2:

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
So you believe that transgenders(men) should compete against women in fighting sports such as UFC where they could literally kill the other person, because the physical differences are so massive is the way forward? :grin2:

When competing in martial arts, fighters compete against athletes who are exactly the same size. As I have posted here previously, I am a very small guy who often competed against athletes who out weighed me by 100 pounds or more. Never once did I cry about the advantage they had over me. Instead, I used my experience to develop my skills as a coach. Losers cry about their losses. Winners use their experiences to improve upon their skills. That's what I did and what I always taught my players.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
When competing in martial arts, fighters compete against athletes who are exactly the same size. As I have posted here previously, I am a very small guy who often competed against athletes who out weighed me by 100 pounds or more. Never once did I cry about the advantage they had over me. Instead, I used my experience to develop my skills as a coach. Losers cry about their losses. Winners use their experiences to improve upon their skills. That's what I did and what I always taught my players.
Why have men and women in different leagues then anyway? Maybe from now on 60 kg men should fight against 60 kg women since they are same size and all. And if teh women start complaining then we just say stop crying :grin2:

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
Why have men and women in different leagues then anyway? Maybe from now on 60 kg men should fight against 60 kg women since they are same size and all. And if teh women start complaining then we just say stop crying :grin2:

As I proved to you in post #13, women are not complaining. Instead it is cry babies who aren't competing that are crying.

·
Registered
17,391 Posts
As I proved to you in post #13, women are not complaining. Instead it is cry babies who aren't competing that are crying.
That's the problem; you have a lot of people complaining who know nothing about what's being discussed or issues within the topic that impact the conversation. They think that broad stroke comments built on fictitious "horror-movie" scenarios are enough to disenfranchise whoever they want.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Men are physically superior to women, especially in qualities that help with fighting sports. Men are built different (different size hips, hands) have different vascular system (bigger hearts) have better reaction time etc. All very important qualities for combat sports. Transgenders transitioning to be a woman will not lose those qualities, those are physical attributes that cannot be reversed. Not even talking about the obvious differences in strength, speed and endurance.

Enjoy a trans woman breaking this poor lady's skull:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts