Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......earlier this week, that everyone thought Vera Zvonareva is the most talented out of the group of Russians.:confused: Is this really the consensus of the tennis world?

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Martian KC said:
......earlier this week, that everyone thought Vera Zvonareva is the most talented out of the group of Russians.:confused: Is this really the consensus of the tennis world?
I don't think there really is a consensus in the tennis world, there's too many to chose from.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Tracy Austin talks to damn much. :mad: :fiery:

Her voice is annoying! :banghead:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
lol ZAK!;)

There is no denying Vera is talented, but I have always thought Svetlana Kuznetsova was the most talented. I'm eager to see Maria Kirilenko in action though!;)

·
63,620 Posts
Elena Dementieva is the best of all them at the moment!! :p

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I would have to agree with Tracy, however Sharapova could become the most talented.
Difficult to say, really.
Sad to say....but I really think that Dementieva has peaked.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I personally think Vera is the most talented of all the current bunch of Russians. She is pretty gifted, reminds me of Martina a bit. I hope she does well here despite the injury worry.

Elena D is having a fab hardcourt season, a bit like Anna last year. Let's hope it lasts a bit longer, mind you she has won a title beating top players so there is hope!!

·
Banned
86 Posts
Martian KC said:
No.

On this board... the "most talented Russian" changes every 5 minutes.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Gregorian said:
I would have to agree with Tracy, however Sharapova could become the most talented.
Difficult to say, really.
Sad to say....but I really think that Dementieva has peaked.
If she doesn't improve her serve, I would agree that she's peaked. But if she does improve her serve, I think she can even challenge for #1.

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
I've always loved Vera since her 2002 French Open match against Serena in the 4th Round. She played and took off a set from Serena and was aggressive when she needed to be. I think she's the best Russian there is. Her improvement doesn't come in jolts and she doesn't need to make a loud debut the way Sharapova did - no pun intended. I think Vera's tennis pretty much speaks for itself. She did have a shaky tournament last week where she lost after being up 6-0 5-1 but I think she's recovering pretty well from it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts