Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WTA has an unbelievable number of really great stars over the past 5 years.

The tour is in pretty good shape as far as depth of the top 10-20.

However, I would love to see some more serve volley players, mainly because they generate great contests when they play baseliners. Borg-McEnroe, Evert-navratilova....you get the picture. Even in the Mens game its got rarer.

I know that it is hard to play serve volley anymore, because the racket technology, physical conditioning and other factors mean that the players have such dominating returns. But still, I think that a serve volleyer might have an advantage in some respects since players on the tour mightn't be used to returning against a net rusher.

Any up-coming juniors play net a lot?

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
If you want A serve and volleyer then get Miroslava Vavrinec back.

Watch out for Timea Basinzinsky (Sui) and Eden Marama (Fra) in years to come

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,026 Posts
lol, I'm trying to play a serve and volley game to some extent myself....I'm not the fastest though, so I play more return-volley cause from the back of the baseline to the net is a lot of space to move =P

Not anywhere near ebing a pro though ;)

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
yeah serve-volley does make it interesting. henin, mauresmo, petrova and bovina have all shown to some extent that even against the top players it can work.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Brinyi said:
I believe Eden Marama is a New Zealand citizen. Glad to hear she serves-volleys though.
I mean based in France then, (I thought she came from Australia :eek: )

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
Pray that Alexandra can get better, then we'll get to see more serve-volleyer players ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.