Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now Lina K and Alyona have reached the semifinals of the Toronto Tier 1 Tournament. Nobody should have ever thought Lina would even take a set from Kim, not to mention beating her, nor should anyone have high hope that she could capitalize this open-up draw and beat Srebotnik to reach her first Tier 1 SF. On the part of Alyona, I was hoping only she could win a game from Amelie after that loss in Paris, but this week she has been showing a flash of her successful year in 2000 when she beat Anastasia Myskina and Amelie Mauresmo in a row.

So the SF match-ups are:

Lina Krasnoroutskaya v Paola Suarez
Elena Dementieva [9] v Justine Henin-Hardenne [2]

I think Lina K should be safely into the final, provided that she will constantly stick to her own game plan and not be bothered by the varieties Paola possesses. For the second match, Elena was so close in beating Justine in San Diego. The facts that she could nearly beat Justine there and that she actually did beat her in Amelia Island are confidence booster for Elena. Justine will be aware of the dangerous Elena, but Elena's confidence is high and so can't expect an easy victory for Justine. The only disadvantages to Elena, which are also very decisive, are how long Elena will have to stay on court now for the Doubles match and the schedule of tomorrow.

My prediction: All Russian Final or Justine v Lina

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i predict an all russian final or dementieva vs suarez...
i am so proud of my girls!!!!
wouldn't that be amazing the doubles partners in the final together!!!
it would be like the williams sisters playing each other .... but ohhh so much better
allez dementieva

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
xcrtbckhnd said:
An all-Russian final would be so great!!!! GO LINA AND ELENA!!!!
too bad it's not gonna happen
I hope Justine can win this and eventually win the tournament for her 6th title

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Elena won't win - she got worn out against Justine two weeks ago and lost because she felt like she was going to faint. Elena has had two 3-set matches in a row, and now has to turn around and play Justine again. Tough task...

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Suarez vs Henin-Hardenne

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
A sweet sweep for the Russina's! :D I hope. :eek:

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
I don't like any of these players...but then again, I don't like anyone whose name doesn't start with K and end with -ournikova.

But....good luck to the chicky without a title ;)

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
i see suarez as being too consistant for krasnouratskaya, although it probably really depends on how well lina plays. i don't doubt that dementieva has the ability to beat henin, but i don't think she will. i'd say it would be one tight and one easy for henin.

suarez vs henin would be my final prediction, but it could just as easily be any of the 4 possible outcomes.

·
63,619 Posts
I'm pretty sure Paola will beat Lina, unfortunately!! :sad:

Let's hope Elena beat Justine again!! :D

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I really hope Lina will make it to the final, I hope it's her big breakthrough. Ofcourse I hope Justine will be the other finalist

Reactions: TheBoiledEgg

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
As long as Paola wins the title, I don't care who her opponent is!!! :p

Reactions: galadriel

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
TenniSta said:
lol Paola will never win this title in singles!! :p
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Don't say that, Drew. This is tennis...anything can happen at any time. I was upset that Maria didn't get to perform here. Now...my hopes are on Paola!!! Maybe she'll prove YOU wrong! If she does, in fact, win, then you'll have to worship me!! :p :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
vs1 said:
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Don't say that, Drew. This is tennis...anything can happen at any time. I was upset that Maria didn't get to perform here. Now...my hopes are on Paola!!! Maybe she'll prove YOU wrong! If she does, in fact, win, then you'll have to worship me!! :p :lol:
lol, i already worship you Pat :worship: :kiss:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts