·
Registered
87,442 Posts
So happy for Tadde

Reactions: S-T-E-V-E

·
Registered
11,875 Posts
As per WTA tradition, winner this week, early round loss the next. Good luck to Naomi with those net rushes and slices.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I know she is one of the most hated players on this forum… BUT... I am so glad we have Tatjana Maria on the tour. It's always fascinating to watch how her opponents are reacting to her style of play. It is so unconventional, so extreme in her slice, the moonballing, then the sudden attacks and slices again. Zheng had to adjust her position to every returning ball, because she wasn't sure how it would bounce back from the ground. Really entertaining to watch.

·
Registered
13,913 Posts
back to normal for the second-rate errani cover band :haha:

·
Registered
87,442 Posts
I know she is one of the most hated players on this forum… BUT... I am so glad we have Tatjana Maria on the tour. It's always fascinating to watch how her opponents are reacting to her style of play. It is so unconventional, so extreme in her slice, the moonballing, then the sudden attacks and slices again. Zheng had to adjust her position to every returning ball, because she wasn't sure how it would bounce back from the ground. Really entertaining to watch.
:eek:

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
:spit:

Tatjana :worship:

Zheng :haha:

Premier champion :lol: Welcome back on earth :devil:
Zheng was very lucky at San Jose that all her opponents played horrible tennis, far away from their best, with many UEs. She had nothing to lose, played solid and that was enough to win the title.
Sabalenka, Collins, Anisimova and Sakkari all played very bad matches vs Zheng in San Jose :eek:

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
back to normal for the second-rate errani cover band :haha:
She just won the best title of her career, and travel to some 4000 km to play already another match...

She was extremely tired... errors left and right and was not even able to quit the court for trademark 10 min bathroom break after first set !

she need well deserved rest !

Tadde was not impressive, looked almost more more tired than Saisai at the end lol... but she wanted it more !

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
:spit:

Tatjana :worship:

Zheng :haha:

Premier champion :lol: Welcome back on earth :devil:
Zheng was very lucky at San Jose that all her opponents played horrible tennis, far away from their best, with many UEs. She had nothing to lose, played solid and that was enough to win the title.
Sabalenka, Collins, Anisimova and Sakkari all played very bad matches vs Zheng in San Jose :eek:
Stop to say she was lucky in San Jose... she played very good defense and outsmarted her opponent

·
Registered
23,254 Posts
nothing to gloat on here for a change, SS most likely was exhausted by her run in san jose.
still: that german hack advancing is a bad day for tennis regardless. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
44,124 Posts
This Maria rules. :)

·
Registered
15,871 Posts
Modern WTA. Player outside top 20 hits a purple patch, wins a premier, and then slumps to defeat in the first round of the next premier. It’s almost predictable.

Not complaining, I actually like Maria’s game..

·
Premium Member
64,853 Posts
Congrats Tadde :inlove:

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
I watched Maria play a point at 6-4 4-4 where she hit nothing but slice fhs and bhs. It was like watching another sport. Lol.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
I am no fan of Saisai, but this isn't a big deal at all. Short turnaround time after winning a big tournament.

·
Premium Member
21,388 Posts
Maria’s game is beautiful to watch, especially in person. Not sure why she’s so disliked on here.

My question is why on earth did she play those clay tournaments after Wimbledon?! :confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts