Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
It's like cool epilepsy.
65,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caro :hug: I guess she can commiserate with Kristina :eek:h: She has really been struggling. :(

Congrats Jelena.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Players are going to throw matches
, this tournament is a mess

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I am happy that Penko won :)

Garcia played perhaps the worst I can remember seeing her. I know Penko stats look pretty good - 22 winners / 14 UE seems very decent (considering about 11 double faults :eek:) but Caro was clearly struggling with something, she had tears in her eyes during the OCCs. And I doubt it was *only* due to Ostapenko's power, though that probably had a further demoralising effect.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
She's 26 in two months and should be at the very peak of her career at this point. Instead she's routinely in tears in OCC sessions with her dad barking instructions at her. How about hiring a coach in an attempt to fulfil some of that potential?
Yeah that would seem like a good idea. IDK why she doesn't.

Penko played well and must be a nightmare to play when she gets the balls in court but Caro looked dejected. Sad to see. All my girls are bombing out today :sad:

·
Premium Member
64,827 Posts
Congrats Aljona :inlove:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ostapenko is a spectacular player. Spectacularly good at times and spectacularly bad at others! She is so entertaining to watch as she hits the ball like no one else. OTOH the decline of the talented Garcia is pretty sad to see. Now Garbi has ditched Sam, ‘get Garcia a proper coach’ should be our new campaign. Like Garbine, she looks thoroughly miserable on court right now and her confidence seems shot. Getting told off by her dad didn’t seem to be doing her much good and you have to think a new perspective would help.

I’d like to see Ostapenko have a decent run so good luck to her in this super competitive tournament

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Yesss :bounce:

A sweet and much needed win for #82 ranked Jelena.

She is sooo good when on :drool:

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Reactions: palttoonnappi

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Ostapenko is a spectacular player. Spectacularly good at times and spectacularly bad at others! She is so entertaining to watch as she hits the ball like no one else. OTOH the decline of the talented Garcia is pretty sad to see. Now Garbi has ditched Sam, ‘get Garcia a proper coach’ should be our new campaign. Like Garbine, she looks thoroughly miserable on court right now and her confidence seems shot. Getting told off by her dad didn’t seem to be doing her much good and you have to think a new perspective would help.

I’d like to see Ostapenko have a decent run so good luck to her in this super competitive tournament
Hang on, are you suggesting Sumyk as Garcia coach? :confused:

·
Blighted and solo
43,981 Posts
PRAISE BE!

You never know what you're going to get with Aljona. Lettuce pray this is the start of some kind of run here. *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
The tour would be so much better if both of these ladies could get it together. Hopefully Jelena can make something out of this, I guess she needs it a bit more, but it's a shame to see both languishing the way they are.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Garcia looked really slow out there, more than usual...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts