Georges hits a winner.

Georges hit an unforced error.

Georges hits a winner

Geoges hits an unforced error.

Reactions: rucolo and zigga

·
Registered
44,860 Posts
Julia :inlove: This win was so important for her confidence after her mediocre year so far and her ranking dropping. She was serving well but apart from that she was so unclutch in the final set, but managed to come through. :yeah: Don’t see her doing much against Belinda the way the Swiss played today.

Polona got upset over a ruling by the umpire late in the third set, but did not seem to affected as she held her own service easily after that forcing the Tb. Another close loss for her after the one to Gauff in Wb.

·
Blighted and solo
43,985 Posts
Görges is so sexy. I didn't watch a second of this match but I feel 100% confident saying this anyway. :hearts:

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Görges is so sexy. I didn't watch a second of this match but I feel 100% confident saying this anyway. :hearts:
That's why I support her.

Reactions: chef-d'œuvre

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
That was not pretty from Jules...

really hit and miss, just her serve was impressive when it needed in third set

Polona Krajan was just spectator in the tie break lol

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Match summary:

Georges hits a winner.
Georges hits an unforced error.
Georges hits a winner.
Georges hit an unforced error.
Georges hits a winner
Geoges hits an unforced error.
This kind of hyper-aggressive tennis leads to the same ZERO level according to the AM/game statistics, as the following:
Player pushes safely a training ball to the middle.

(I'm not saying Hercog was pushing, haven't seen the match, but I was surprised a little that not Hercog won.)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hercog is a disgusting pusher, I'm glad Boobges won.

·
Premium Member
64,880 Posts
Congrats Julia! Happy for her :).
Not so happy for Belinda though :scared:

·
Registered
12,677 Posts
Julia winning ugly :scared:
But she's winning :) :D

Should be a good match against Belinda next.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Obviously I’m a huge Julia fan but I’m surprised she didn’t get any slack for that incident. I thought it was pretty obvious that the point should have gone to Polona who I feel was justified in her frustration. The incorrect call clearly came after the shot that clearly landed it out. All Julia did was say to polona that we must keep playing and the decision is final. Anyways, I’m glad Julia went through anyways. That’s her third 3rd set tiebreak that she’s won since Wuhan and important points for the Olympics race.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It would make sense to let them use the hawkeye to see where it landed, even though it would be embarrassing for the umpire.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I agree, umpires should swallow their pride sometimes. Line judge clearly said that last ball was out. But I haven't seen often that umpire admited their fault.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
What for is supervisor there?
They never go with players anyways, always support umpires no matter if they are right or wrong. :shrug:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts