Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
A season low 24 UE's for Genie and she still lost the match, the torch was officially passed to Bianca tonight. :worship:

·
Registered
34,744 Posts
Wow Eugène peaking at home :worship:. The crowd and tournament are so lucky she accepted a wildcard again instead of playing some ITF so they get to see their favorite.

Andreescu's body is probably going to fall apart again soon.

Reactions: amyd_1989

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Genie in the first set reminded of her in 2014. Taking the ball early and not being backed off the baseline. She was also clinical in attacking Bianca's serve.

Bianca seemed nervous, rusty, whatever it was in the first set. You also have to imagine returning from injury played a part. Once the second set started she missed a whole lot less and her talent took off. She just has it all. Talented shot maker, the variety, her movement is incredible. It all showed in the last two sets where she was undoubtedly in control.

In the post match interview she said she was feeling great with no pain at all. I really hope she was being honest and she is fully healthy. That's what I was paying attention to most during the match.

Overall it was a great match. Genie showed up and obviously wanted it badly. Bianca is just way too talented.
Bianca did not a have single tape on her body.

·
Registered
22,529 Posts
90% of the crowd was pro Bagelchard... lol. From what I noticed, they love her more in Ontario than in Quebec.
Rich people who predominantly speak English get very little love in Québec.

Reactions: kaneye

·
Premium Member
Bianca Andreescu, Iga Swiatek
4,904 Posts
A season low 24 UE's for Genie and she still lost the match, the torch was officially passed to Bianca tonight. :worship:
The Torch had been passed a long way ago. This is sooo exciting these Days for Canadian Tennis. I imagine Bianca felt similar nerves to Felix when he had to scrape past Vasek today. No shame in that having nerves. Both got it done in the end:).

·
Rise up from ignorance
18,502 Posts
Better play from Bouchard than expected. But the winner was rather predictable.

Seems like the crowd had different reactions at various times so I guess the fanbases were split? ;)

Reactions: Absolute10

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Genie should be proud for taking a set off of Canada's best, in a fun match. Even though Bianca was rusty as hell coming from the injury break.

Rusty or not, Bianca's game is a gift from the tennis gods. Quite likely the most entertaining player out there. I only worry about her injuries, otherwise she's going to be a superstar of the game.

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
I hope Genie can build off this match. She played really well. The win would’ve meant so much to her.

Happy Bianca is back. Some rust and/or nerves but her fight was still there.

Sucks for tournament the 2 Canadians had to play each other first round

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Reactions: BlueTrees

·
Registered
22,529 Posts

·
Registered
38,368 Posts
Andreescu is so entertaining and her game is so pleasant to watch; polar opposite of Bouchard, who was lucky to avoid the bagel only because of her opponent being out of practice.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Absolutely, positively as never in doubt as it gets. Bibi obviously rusty as hell, and still kept super close to that 1st set. After that, she was warmed up and the result was exactly as it should be. The amount of talent between the two is absurd. Bibi is the new Canadian Queen!

·
Blighted and solo
44,034 Posts
If only Bianca had the looks to back up her talent, she could be a star.

Was that bad plastic surgery victim in the crowd her mother? Looked like Nadia Comaneci. Bless.

Reactions: flyboy2160

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Absolutely, positively as never in doubt as it gets. Bibi obviously rusty as hell, and still kept super close to that 1st set. After that, she was warmed up and the result was exactly as it should be. The amount of talent between the two is absurd. Bibi is the new Canadian Queen!
Yet the crowd was behind Genie. Andreescu cannot ever create the same level of intensity and enthusiasm that Genie created on her arrival on tour. Not even on ATP circuit. Genie is the true queen of hearts.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
If only Bianca had the looks to back up her talent, she could be a star.

Was that bad plastic surgery victim in the crowd her mother? Looked like Nadia Comaneci. Bless.
Yes. She seemed to gotten quite a few plastic jobs.

Reactions: chef-d'œuvre
21 - 40 of 84 Posts