Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Toronto F: Bianca Andreescu def. Serena Williams 3-1 (ret)

I don't even know what happened...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Re: Toronto F: Andreescu df S Williams 3-1 ret

Wtf just happened???...

·
Registered
2,774 Posts

UGH, the WTA right now. A hugely hyped match with so much potential and this happens.

Gotta feel for Serena - another final lost after a good week of tennis. So happy for Bianca's week as a whole - she's such a star with a gorgeous game. That exchange :inlove:

·
Registered
42,276 Posts

Loved Bianca going straight over what a great sportman! She is great for WTA

Get well soon Serena expect her to withdraw from Cincy now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
I said yesterday her serve speed tapered off and she looked fatigued. She was probably going to lose this anyway with her groundstrokes still being so volatile and Bianca being able to make her move. Her BH is trash these days.

And definitely does not need to be anywhere near Cincinnati, but I expected her to withdraw there as well.

·
Registered
961 Posts
What in the world? It looks like Serena just gave up... Congrats to Bianca on getting a Top 16 seed for the US Open though!

·
Registered
34,491 Posts
WTA cant catch a break :tears:

Just sad for Serena. I dont know what to say about her anymore. Her health is in a questionable state.

Sucks for Andreescu that she wasnt able to properly celebrate her home win as well. Lovely exchange between these two.

·
Registered
21,223 Posts
Bianca tried cheering her up. This is a harsh one for Serena to get injured last minute. That tussle yesterday might have done it. But she served 2 aces in the 2bd service game. Dunno how.

·
Registered
115,505 Posts
Seemed like such a good match for the fans, but they both had some long matches, and I guess this was a possibility
Probabbly no Cincy. One more tournament in 2019, NYC

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
What is the injury for Serena? Was following on live scores since I couldn't watch.

1 - 20 of 288 Posts