Tennis Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Backhand is flat but I don't need to worry about it as much as my forehand since my backhand is more accurate and reliable

I used to bash the ball as hard as I could when up until last year where I develop more a counterpuncher style. I made too many errors that were giving me a headache

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,066 Posts
Flat. I hit more loopy top spin shots mostly when I'm off the baseline and there's no way to be aggressive.

I am not a very good player though :eek:h:

My BH is almost 100% a junkballing mess. Slice, moving between 1-and 2-handed BHs, looping, random aggression. Mess :inlove:

I started tennis lessons a couple of weeks ago, and my new coach is trying to turn me into a top spinner on both sides.

The new grips are not going very well at the moment :eek:h:

·
Registered
11,806 Posts
Neither, my balls often tend out to be sorta loopy but without substantial amount of topspin :tape: :lol:
You're probably hitting underneath the ball too much. Make sure to make contact with a closed racket and brush up the ball while hitting through.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have recently learned the importance of putting topspin on my forehand shots to prevent hitting too many weak shots that don't make it past the server's line and prevent taking a lot of time to get my FH stroke up to par. If you simply try to push through the ball while bringing your racket head to your shoulder, you may sell yourself short.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
You're probably hitting underneath the ball too much. Make sure to make contact with a closed racket and brush up the ball while hitting through.
I am sometimes able to create some substantial topspin but infrequently. I have a weird technique from FH side despite my tennis instructor correction, I blame ... table tennis for that as I used to play a lot when I was a kid. The confusing thing is that according to my coach every drive groundstroke is topspin :silly: But I played with someone who was able to create strong top spin and its very nasty and different.

My backhand on the other hand is decent, I can hit blistering shot with it.

·
Registered
11,806 Posts
I am sometimes able to create some substantial topspin but infrequently. I have a weird technique from FH side despite my tennis instructor correction, I blame ... table tennis for that as I used to play a lot when I was a kid. The confusing thing is that according to my coach every drive groundstroke is topspin :silly: But I played with someone who was able to create strong top spin and its very nasty and different.

Just play like Niculescu and only hit slices on the forehand... :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate
What technique do you speak?
I know almost every technique thanks to a friend
thank you for telling us what technique do you use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most players use both, I prefer to use a lot of topspin because its easier to clear the net however you need to know how to finish with a flat shot, easier said than done sometimes

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
Both. I've been really into watching men's tennis lately and taking what they have, so a lot of topspin to rally and open up the court, then I flatten the ball out.

I also like using a lot of slice, flat and topspin mix off of the backhand.

Basically I play like I grew up on red clay.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts