Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
WTF... how on earth this is possibile??? Italia have 33 players in TOP100 but without any TOP10 player, and from Serbia only 6 players reach TOP100 but 4 of them reach TOP5!!!!!!???????!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :tape: :tape: :secret: :secret: :spit: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :ignore: :ignore: :shrug: :shrug: :timebomb:
:fiery: there must be something wrong in italian tennis players... it's strange, I know, but we're still waiting for a top-ten player in one of the most represented countries in the world ranking!! we were really close to it but some unexepeted losses from Farina and Schiavone made that dream impossible to come true... now I think the only hope is Karin Knapp..

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
ahoj everybody!

Greetings from old good Slovakia where I m now living again, but without internet...

It has to come this week so I hope I ll have time to update this thread, thanks a lot to all posters for their lists and info,

nice week end

J

·
Registered
18,142 Posts
RUSSIA (the list is incomplete)

Maria Sharapova – 1
Svetlana Kuznetsova – 2
Anastasia Myskina – 2
Nadia Petrova – 3
Elena Dementieva – 4
Anna Chakvetadze – 5
Olga Morozova – 7
Anna Kournikova – 8
Dinara Safina – 9
Vera Zvonareva – 9
Elena Bovina – 14
Elena Likhovtseva – 15
Maria Kirilenko – 20
Tatiana Panova – 20
Lina Krasnoroutskaya – 25
Vera Dushevina – 31
Olga Poutchkova – 32
Evgenia Linetskaya – 35
Elena Vesnina – 41
Vasilisa Bardina – 48
Alina Jidkova – 51
Elena Makarova – 53
Alla Kudryavtseva – 59
Anastasia Rodionova – 63
Ekaterina Bychkova – 66
Yaroslava Shvedova – 70
Galina Voskoboeva – 84
Evgenia Kulikovskaya – 91
Chmyreva is missing. Don't kinow her exact carreer high. Because of her seedings in bigger tournaments she must have been Top 20 player too.

·
Registered
18,142 Posts
Germany:

1. STEFFI GRAF (1)
2. ANKE HUBER (4)
2. CLAUDIA KOHDE-KILSCH (4)
4. SYLVIA HANIKA (5)
5. BETTINA BUNGE (6)
6. SABINE HACK (13)
7. ANNA-LENA GRÖNEFELD (14)
8. KATJA EBBINGHAUS (15)
9. EVA PFAFF (17)
10. ISABEL CUETO (20)
11. BARBARA RITTNER (24)
12. MEIKE BABEL (27)
13. PETRA BEGEROW (29)
13. CLAUDIA PORWIK (29)
15. WILTRUD PROBST (31)
16. MARTINA MÜLLER (33)
17. MARLENE WEINGÄRTNER (36)
18. SILKE MEIER (40)
19. CHRISTINA SINGER (41)
20. JANA KANDARR (43)
21. MARKETA KOCHTA (45)
22. ANCA BARNA (46)
23. VERONIKA MARTINEK (49)
24. JULIA SCHRUFF (52)
25. ANDREA GLASS (53)
26. BIANKA LAMADE (59)
27. HEIDI EISTERLEHNER (61)
28. ELENA WAGNER (62)
29. ANGELIQUE KERBER (67)
29. SILKE FRANKL (67)
31. ANGELIKA ROESCH (69)
32. MAJA ZIVEC-SKULJ (73)
33. GRETA ARN (81)
34. TATJANA MALEK (87)
34. SANDRA KLÖSEL (87)
36. ANDREA BETZNER (91)
37. ANDREA PETKOVIC (95)

(I used the data of the thread "Ranking der besten" in "Sprechen sie deutsch?")

Helga Masthoff was seeded Nr. 5 in 1975 Roland Garros, so obviously she appeared to Top 100 too, but i don't have any exact data about her ranking since starting of the official computer rankings in 1975.

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
Chmyreva is missing. Don't kinow her exact carreer high. Because of her seedings in bigger tournaments she must have been Top 20 player too.
Natasha Chmyreva was probably the biggest prospect Soviet/Russian tennis has ever had.
In 1975 she won girls titles at Australian Open, Wimbledon and US Open but Soviet officials didn't allow her train and play tournaments abroad and after 1976 she just disappeared from tennis horizon :sad: :fiery:

·
Registered
18,142 Posts
Natasha Chmyreva was probably the biggest prospect Soviet/Russian tennis has ever had.
In 1975 she won girls titles at Australian Open, Wimbledon and US Open but Soviet officials didn't allow her train and play tournaments abroad and after 1976 she just disappeared from tennis horizon :sad: :fiery:
In the year 1977 the career of Morozova and Chmyreva ended because the soviet Union took them off of the circuit because of the boykott against South Africa. The official rankings started in 1975.

In the beginning of the 80's Natasha tried a come back, but not very succesfull and very short.

I think in a way she's a victim of the cold war - that destroyed a probably very big career...

In 1976 she reached the Quarterfinal of the US Open and she played quite succesfull at the Virginia Slim circuit too.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

FRANCE : 40 players

Sophie Amiach (57), Marion Bartoli (11), Céline Beigbeder (84), Séverine Brémond (34), Marie-Christine Calleja (94), Amélie Cocheteux (55), Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro (61), Alizé Cornet (94), Alexia Dechaume-Balleret (46), Nathalie Dechy (11), Isabelle Demongeot (35), Françoise Durr (9), Stéphanie Foretz (62), Nathalie Fuchs, Alexandra Fusai (37), Léa Ghirardi (73), Tatiana Golovin (16), Julie Halard-Decugis (8), Nathalie Herreman (42), Emilie Loit (27), Gail Lovera, Amélie Mauresmo (1), Catherine Mothes (67), Sybile Niox-Château (94), Pascale Paradis-Mangon (20), Mary Pierce (3), Camille Pin (61), Sarah Pitkowski-Malcor (29), Karine Quentrec (45), Virginie Razzano (35), Aravane Rezaï (40), Anne-Gaëlle Sidot (24), Brigitte Simon-Glinel, Catherine Suire (52), Catherine Tanvier (20), Nathalie Tauziat (3), Sandrine Testud (9), Frédérique Thibault, Corinne Vanier (62), Noëlle Van Lottum (57)

and now pauline Parmentier (60)

·
Team WTAworld, Lounge Owner
44,144 Posts
Austria :worship: 16 players!

For a little country very good ;)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Updated with Belarus, Canada, Colombia, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine…

Next to come : Italia, Croatia, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Czech Republic + Czechoslovakia, U.S.S.R and former Yougoslavia

I’m keeping the big ones of Australia and USA for the end

Thanks by advance if you can help me to find the rankings for players lacking this information, feel free to remind me the players I forgot (for Sweden and Great Britain for example)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Updated with new entries + Australia, South Africa, Russia and Italia

I'm going to finish with USA

Help and corrections welcome!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It took me a long time but the list is completed!:bounce:

Making the USA was the big part but I'm quite satisfied:)

I will try to improve it again, updating when I can and trying to find the missing players and rankings.

Thanks again for the past and the future help:wavey:

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Mima Jaušovec is slovenian, not Yougoslavian (anymore) but great list :D
Thanks.:)

Yes, she is, but always played for former Yougoslavia on Tour if I'm not wrong. That's why she's not appearing in the slovenian list, but maybe I could add her.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Updated before the FO

A lot of changes may appeared after this GS, many points to gain to get into the top 100 or have a better ranking

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
When did the rankings begin?

41 - 60 of 202 Posts