Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if u guys could help me out on my history of soaps essay! :D
what is the most popular soap opera produced in your country and what is the most popular foreign soap in your country?

example: UK= Eastenders/Corrie (top British soap in the ratings)
Neighbours (top foreign soap)

thanx! :kiss:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,493 Posts
the netherlands : gtst (goede tijden slechte tijden)
foreign : that's a hard one...probably the bold and the beautifull...otherwise as the world turns or days of our lives

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
England

Most popular - toss up between Crossroads, Night and Day or Family Affairs

Most popular foreign - Blue Heelers

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
coronation street is the most popular by far-i think because of all the old people, folowed by the NZ soap shortland street (sorry jenny but i think rachel is gone now :p :sad: ).....neighbors and home and away are also moderately popular :)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kiwi_Boy said:
coronation street is the most popular by far-i think because of all the old people, folowed by the NZ soap shortland street (sorry jenny but i think rachel is gone now :p :sad: ).....neighbors and home and away are also moderately popular :)
what corrie is more popular in NZ than shortland street? :eek: and i know rachel has left there, but we still gotta a couple of years of her yet! ;) :drool:

and messenger....well how can i explain. :confused: :eek: a slapper is sumone who likes lots of sex and Capper is referring to Capriati so i guess what im saying is i would like lots of sex with Jennifer! ;) :drool: Basically i just mean that im hoplessly in lust with her and im interested in her forehand strokes off the court as well as on!! ;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I know you're English, what do you have against Crossroads? It's a sham that it's being ended after record low viewing figures and staff at Carlton actually leaving in their droves to find better jobs because they had seen it coming when they saw the scripts for the relaunch...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Wow I don't know how I didn't work out that Capper = Capriati. I think I know what a slapper is now, thanks for educating me.

;)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
youre welcome messenger! ;) we cant all b great detectives!! even if it was obvious what with my name and avatar!! :p ;)

and joey, i have nothing against crossroads myself but if i put it was the most popular soap in Britain in my essay, i would fail my assignment wouldnt i?! coz its not true!!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
ok does anyone watch ER or CSI they r my fave (kinda) foreign programs.
y hasnt CSI been shown in england 4 the last decade it is fab!!!!!!!

top soaps-def corrie or enders
foreign-neighbours or hame and away

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
*shaking head in exhasperation*

i should have specified that no British people were to respond in this thread i guess!! silly me! :rolleyes: i should have known our great british sense of humour which i hold so close to my heart would come back at me with a vengance one day!

Eldorado was cancelled and crossroads is next!! now, go away!!! :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts