Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this player has to play doubles consistantly. I'm sorry although i know Serena and Venus is the best team in the world, but they rarely play doubles. So who is that WonderWoman????

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Kim

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I would say probably Lindsay or Kim, they both have pretty good records in doubles.

·
Banned
7,262 Posts
Kimmy, no question.

If the W sisters played more doubles they might deserve to be best. Only IF

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
The best player at both is Serena Williams. don't give me the she doesn't play enough argument. whenever she plays, she wins!

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
King Lindsay said:
The best player at both is Serena Williams. don't give me the she doesn't play enough argument. whenever she plays, she wins!

yeah we all know she is the best. no questions ask, but only IF she play doubles consistantly would she win all of them???

How many tournies has Kim won in Doubles?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Serena wins most of the time when she plays with Venus. That doesn't necessarily make her a great doubles player. Looking beyond Venus, she only has played 2 tournaments - she won one and lost in the QF of another.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
didn't she win a doubles title with stevenson? if she did then she must be a good doubles player.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
jenglisbe said:
Serena wins most of the time when she plays with Venus. That doesn't necessarily make her a great doubles player. Looking beyond Venus, she only has played 2 tournaments - she won one and lost in the QF of another.
that's certainly true, she is partnered with another great player. But I wasn't saying she's a great doubles player. The question is who is the best at both. Given that Serena is far and away the best player in the world right now and one half the best doubles team in the world, I think that means she gets the prize, don't you think?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
The question is who is best at both. I look at it like this; if I am a team captain and can choose from the top 20 singles players, which player do I want as a singles player? Serena, of course. Who do I want as a doubles player? Kim or Lindsay. So, the question then becomes, who would I want as a singles player and then as someone to play doubles with "fill in name." That's tougher, and I don't really have an answer. It would depend on the competition.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
jenglisbe said:
The question is who is best at both. I look at it like this; if I am a team captain and can choose from the top 20 singles players, which player do I want as a singles player? Serena, of course. Who do I want as a doubles player? Kim or Lindsay. So, the question then becomes, who would I want as a singles player and then as someone to play doubles with "fill in name." That's tougher, and I don't really have an answer. It would depend on the competition.
Why on Earth would you want Kim or Lindsay instead of Serena as your doubles player? I don't think there's any reason.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Since 2000 Which players win the singles events more often? Venus and Serena

Which doubles team, event they play, event they win? Venus/Serena team

Who are the wonder women? Venus and Serena

Sorry for the Kim fans but i have to ask this
How Many slams Kim have in singles? :rolleyes:
How Many slams Kim have in doubles? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Although I may appear somewhat biased, I think the answer's clear cut: the Williams Sisters. They're #1 and 2 in the world, and they win virtually every doubles tourney they enter.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Yes, but you can't say the Williams sisters since they are two people. I think that for the sake of interesting discussion we should omit them since we know they are currently the best.

Anyway, I would definitely say the answer is Lindsay. She's currently a more accomplished player than Kim in either department, who is likely 2nd.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,109 Posts
IF we are going by a player who plays doubles consistently then you have to go with Kim....#2 in singles ...not sure of rank in doubles but she has had good results. I wouldn't pick Lindsay b/c she hasn't been getting the results in singles that she should be esp when compared to Kim.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
top 10 singles and doubles (for top 20 singles player)

1. Serena
2. Lindsay
3. Kim
4. Venus
5. Dokic
6. Hantuchova
7. Chanda
8. Ai
9. Dementieva
10. hard to pick..

well that is just my opinion

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Lindsay, Kim,and Elena D

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
rhz said:
top 10 singles and doubles (for top 20 singles player)

1. Serena
2. Lindsay
3. Kim
4. Venus
5. Dokic
6. Hantuchova
7. Chanda
8. Ai
9. Dementieva
10. hard to pick..

well that is just my opinion
Well,in my opinion,Elena should be at #5.
For #10,I pick Maggie.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts