Tennis Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,747 Posts
Isn't it sad that there is only 1 canadian in all those top tens, and she sadly had to tragically stop her career after being mentally and physically pushed by an abusive coach, which led to a career-ending injury.

At least Marie-Eve and Aleks managed to get in the top 10 (top 3 for Aleks) and Steph had a solid last year in junior. Beier did get into the top 15, and Sharon could easily get into a top 10 in the future years. and Val is getting her alst year in juniors, and she is now getting very solid! We have some hope!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Tripp said:
It's just awful to see how many promising players didn't live up their expectations.
and what about Louarsabichvili n°1 in 1993 :eek: ?

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Anna-Lena was also a good junior, she won FO and was junior nr.1 :)
does anyone know Sabine Lisicki's ranking?

·
Premium Member
181,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Re: Top 10 Junior Year End Rank Lists

2006 lists finalised :wavey:

·
Registered
4 Posts

Stupid newbie ? What is the importance of the ITF rankings verses USTA rankings. I ask this because I know a junior player who plays in some usta tournaments.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,159 Posts

Stupid newbie ? What is the importance of the ITF rankings verses USTA rankings. I ask this because I know a junior player who plays in some usta tournaments.

Thanks
ITF rankings are international, USTA is, of course, just the American rankings. The ITFs are what matter most to juniors. However it is good for young Americans to start off with exclusively USTA tournaments but if they are prospects then they'll end up playing ITFs. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts

Right. Ok cool. She is 10 & plays in the G18's in central fl. Are there IFTs in fl?

Thanks!!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts