Tennis Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am a huge fan of Bianca Andreescu. It is totally insane to even mention her name in this discussion. I season one grand slam. lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have not seen Lenglen play, so --- if you have --- I'll take my correction. As to the rest of you -- you have a treat coming should we all get to see the Osaka-Andreescu rivalry play out over the years -- these two women are superb athletes, if they can manage the toll the tour takes on the body -- we've seen how roughly they treat the greatest women's player of all time: Serena.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Hingis was a very good and fundamentally sound player. Good footwork. Soft hands. Finesse. I’d probably rank her top 10 to 15 all-time. I think she and Henin were in the same boat. They didn’t have the physicality to withstand the grueling game year after year, so they burnt out early. I would rather Hingis take Sharapova’s spot in the top ten. For me, Sharapova’s career slam isn’t worth as much as those extra tourneys won by Hingis and all those extra weeks at number one. Hingis was a much smarter player than Maria too. She also had respectable records against most of her contemporaries (Davenport, Venus, Serena, etc.), which can’t be said of Sharapova.
I think the top spot should go to Serena/Nav/Graf. We could argue all day about the records and weapons of those three.
Yes. Also Hingis was a complete prodigy. She has youngest ever records that will never be broken. What Martina did in her 2nd comeback also thumps Maria's 2nd comeback by a huge margin, no need to bring up her 3rd comeback and really No need to go on to prove an obvious point already proven. :love:

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
1 Graf
2 Serena
3 Navratilova
4 Evert
5 Court
6 BJK
7 Seles
8 Venus
9 Henin
10 Hingis

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
nice video, i kind of agree with the top spot......btw i am not liking this forum look......what led to this change?
Discouraging people to join so moderators have less of a job to do.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts