Tennis Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28,581 Posts
I should add that if Spaniards and South Americans were not so dominant on clay I do not believe there would be so much bitching about the surface. More evidence to my suggestions that there is a disgusting amount of prejudice against players from these parts of the worlds. It's wrong to be racist, but okay to be prejudiced against people from certain countries.....okee dokee, whatever lets you sleep at night.

·
Registered
28,581 Posts
Experimentee said:
Actually most of the tour for both ATP and WTA is played on hardcourt, not clay.
Maybe all the hardcourters are just boosting their rankings with those tournaments.
hehe... if I read the whole thread first I could have saved my breathe ;)

Just because I like to repeat myself though, why find out the facts when one can just indulge themselves in their prejudiced ideas...

·
Registered
28,581 Posts
selesrulez said:
How many surfaces do you think tennis can be played on?
Clay is just one of 5 or 6.
and if we consider indoor and outdoor hardcourts as separate surfaces, there are definitely more clay events than there should be.
Please refer to my prejudiced comments that I directed at you, and others. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Well, there is a good 4 months from early April to late July played on non-hardcourt surfaces, which is a third of the year, but then that is split between clay and grass... I suppose hardcourt is regarded as the most "democratic" surface if you will, because it allows the fast and slow-court players to have an equal chance on a surface that suits them both. Having said that, that kind of balance rarely works out so simply, and one group tends to dominate over the other.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
You've already been proved an idiot, but I'll kick in my two cents anyway.

I also don't understand why there is so much hatred of clay out there. Is it because it's the hardest surface to play and win on because of the long matches, long points? Is it because American players don't play well on clay (which I don't understand, since a good 1/4 of the country plays on green clay almost exclusively, and there are tons of green clay courts in Florida, where practically all American players train)? Is it because attention spans have gotten shorter? What?

Hardcourt takes up most of the year, consituting two Grand Slams and both year-end championships. Most outdoor surfaces are medium to fast, so the "equality" nonsense is just that: nonsense.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.