Tennis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28,581 Posts
There are too many hardcourt events. The distribution of surfaces is uneven, and hardcourt players are able to build up their rankings based mainly on their hardcourt points (like Hewitt in 2001). What it is that people have against clay is absolutely beyond me, but it's rather ignorant to cry "too much clay" when that is not the case at all.

·
Registered
28,581 Posts
I should add that if Spaniards and South Americans were not so dominant on clay I do not believe there would be so much bitching about the surface. More evidence to my suggestions that there is a disgusting amount of prejudice against players from these parts of the worlds. It's wrong to be racist, but okay to be prejudiced against people from certain countries.....okee dokee, whatever lets you sleep at night.

·
Registered
28,581 Posts
Experimentee said:
Actually most of the tour for both ATP and WTA is played on hardcourt, not clay.
Maybe all the hardcourters are just boosting their rankings with those tournaments.
hehe... if I read the whole thread first I could have saved my breathe ;)

Just because I like to repeat myself though, why find out the facts when one can just indulge themselves in their prejudiced ideas...

·
Registered
28,581 Posts
selesrulez said:
How many surfaces do you think tennis can be played on?
Clay is just one of 5 or 6.
and if we consider indoor and outdoor hardcourts as separate surfaces, there are definitely more clay events than there should be.
Please refer to my prejudiced comments that I directed at you, and others. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.