Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Associated Press put out their Olympic medal predictions yesterday.

Ash is predicted to win silver (Gold Osaka, Bronze Brady). Only Aussie predicted to medal in tennis.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
Associated Press put out their Olympic medal predictions yesterday.

Ash is predicted to win silver (Gold Osaka, Bronze Brady). Only Aussie predicted to medal in tennis.
Brady seems a bit too random for me. Quarter-finals maybe: anything more would be a bonus.

I think Barty/Sanders would have to be at least a quarter-final chance as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Stosur v Rybakina
Barty v Tormo
Ajla v Shvedova

Stosur/Perez v Ostapenko/Sevastova
Barty/Sanders v Hibino/Ninomiya

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Millman v Mussetti
Duckworth v Klein

Peers/Purcell v Sandgren/Krajicek
Millman/Saville v Oswald/Marach

·
Registered
10,016 Posts
Not to wish misfortunate on anyone, but with a bit of luck Storm could still get into singles with a last minute withdrawal I believe

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Isn't Brady meant to have a leg injury and is in doubt, yet they are predicting bronze for her? Anything can happen in doubles and singles at Olympics, often the favourites crumble playing under the extra pressure of playing for their country. Most of the top ranked players usually don't play Billie Jean Cup, so aren't used to playing for their country, only used to playing for themselves! I think Osaka is almost assured the Gold unless she has a mental breakdown, she has really prepared herself for this event. Hope Barty can get a medal, not overly confident though. Lets see if Stosur can win more than 3 games against Rybakina haha. I think our best chance is actually in the doubles with Barty/Sanders.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So Barty and Stosur are out of the singles... last hope is with ajla.
Looks like Saville and Purcell both got into the singles last minute.... bad luck for storm

21 - 40 of 61 Posts