Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Result #1:

Flavia Pennetta vs. Barbara Schett

Flavia Pennetta apparently was confused on the directions of the PM unscrambling section and therefore did not answer any of the questions. But, Barbara Schett announced her arrival on tour in a big way with a 14-8 win over the number 4 seed and looking for more in the quarterfinals.

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Result #2:

Silvia Farina Elia vs. Anna Kournikova

Anna Kournikova was not up to her usual dominance today, but it did not matter as she did just what she needed to win against the struggling Silvia Farina Elia who was severly hurt by the PM section and Kounikova was able to advance to yet another quarterfinal with a 12-6 victory.

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Result #3:

marcobarella vs. Marie-Eve Pelletier

marcobarella was sent out of the tournament in disgrace after revealing 2 of the answers. Marie-Eve Pelletier advances 13-DSQ

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Result #4:

Jelena Dokic vs. Dubravka Cupac

It became clear early on in this match that Cupac is not ready for the bit tier events as she was thoroughly smothered by Dokic, who was able to experiment with new playing styles because she was not being challenged at all by the Australian...Dokic advances to the quarterfinals 13-3.

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Result #5:

Maria Sharapova vs. Mary Pierce

In a stunning and exciting match...Maria Sharapova has taken out mary Pierce to advance to the quarterfinals of Tokyo. Sharapova played close with Pierce early, but through the whole first section it looked like Pierce would advance, however in the PM section Sharapova seemed much more comfortable and she was able to take out Mary Pierce in dramatic fashion 13-12. Note: We would have had a 14-14 tie had marcobarella not given out 2 answers which had to be thrown out...just thought you'd like to know...:rolleyes: :fiery:

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
marcobella :fiery::fiery:

Congrats Masha :):)

Reactions: Masharapova

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
how can there already be results?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,763 Posts
Yay i won! Thanks to the anagrams lol...I got like 7 out of 8 there, which means i had 6 pictures only :eek:

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
♣DADYO♣ said:
what are anagrams?? :eek:
word scrambles. dont worry, I hate them also.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
64,637 Posts
I got like 7 out of 8 there, which means i had 6 pictures only
I think there were 10 anagrams.. I probably only had like three pics right :sad:

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Result #6:

Carly Gullickson vs. BlinX

BlinX has announced himself as a force on tour, however he'll need a more fortunate draw in the future as Carly Gullickson continued her quest to break through the top as she has been on the verge for a while now. As Carly Gullickson truly succeeded in getting all of the word scrambles correct and JUST before the time limit. 15-12.

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Result #7:

Rossana Neffa-De Los Rios vs. Anne Keothavong

In a fortunate draw for both players, Anne Keothavong was able to come through though she'll have to play much better in the later rounds if she hopes to advance as both players had a slew of unforced errors. But Anne Keothavong did what she needed to win...11-9.

·
Registered
34,578 Posts
Rossana :sad: :lol: im really dumb at this game :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts