1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Big Serving Maria Vs. Little Serving Anniko? Who will win win? hehe

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
Good luck Masha. Great chance:) Don't choke;)

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Wow Wow Wow!! Davai Mashanya!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Sharapova hsould win, she will slaughter Kapros's serve

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
The isn't a major difference between service game any longer. Kapros has improved it.

It is almost 50-50 before the final. Maria has her first WTA final and she surely feels some pressures 'cause the crowd waits a lot from her (especially the young guys there). However, Kapros has come from the darkness. Kapros is more experienced, on the other hand.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i saw kapros play at the us open this year and she was hitting her groundies very well, easily top 20 groundies imo. but i think she was playing justine who was retrieving everything so aniko ended up hitting the error, and she isn't the quickest either which was also a problem against justine. i think the serve has improved but it could still be better. kapros hasn't really come from the darkness, she had an excellent junior career and i certainly expected a pretty good pro career from her. she lost her way (may have got injured i'm not sure) and has started to get some good wins and now she's in a final. her groundies should get her into the top 50 eventually. i think it will be a tough match for both players and a very high quality one. unless sharapova plays like she did against harkleroad at wimbledon then it will be quite a tough match. it's hard to pick a winner as i haven't seen much of either player and i don't know whether experience will play a part or what however neither have been in a final before. i think sharapova will come out the winner but if her game is off then she will get killed.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Good luck Kapros - that second serve always makes me laugh but if she got to the final she's obviously doing something right :D

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i think that this will go to sharapova in 2 easy sets.... i agree that kapros' groundstorkes are very good, but sharapova mataches them up better probably... plus kapros' country-club serve, and below-par movement and volleys... i expect this is maria's match to lose

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
If Shrapova wins the title, do you think she will come back next year to defend the title? I think no matter what she will play Moscow next year....

·
63,615 Posts
Aniko will win for sure!! ;) Because of her groundstrokes are flawless!! :p

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
I think Kapros is able to beat Sharapova.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised if Aniko won. Shes been tearing through her matches all week, while Sharapova has struggled. Aniko has the game to beat Sharapova if shes on, her groundstrokes are good and i think shes improved her serve.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
People talk about Kapros´s movement.....but it ain´t like Maria is speedy gonzales either!

·
Registered
35,860 Posts
bandabou said:
People talk about Kapros´s movement.....but it ain´t like Maria is speedy gonzales either!
Kapros is actually not in bad shape. She'll never be a Pistolesi or Coetzer, but she is a lot like Danilidou in that while she might not have the quickest pace, she is able to sustain that pace over long three set matches. It won't drop.

Her groundstrokes are def top 20 or 25 as well. She doesn't blow you off the court from the first shot, although if you give her a short ball GOOD NIGHT. She just keeps her shot very deep and they're really penetrating, only about 2 or 3 inches from the baseline consistently. She's got a lethal forehand as well and can do anything with it. I think the match will come down to how Maria reacts to Aniko's serves. Kapros has a serve in which somebody ranked #150 might be able to handle it with ease, but the #2 Justine Henin has major issues dealing with it. If Maria can jump all over Aniko's serves and get control of the point right from the start, it'll be a 6-2 6-3 win. HOWEVER, what very well could happen is that Maria tries to generate too much of her own pace off the return and misses a lot of them. Maria's serve can break down too so IMO this is anyone's ball game.

Prediction: Maria overcomes the Annamania hype and snags a title 6-4 3-6 7-5

1 - 20 of 34 Posts