Tennis Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how you guys would feel if I made this particular change in format for future tournaments. You know the way I score matches is each vote represents a game. Like I just posted an update that Pierce leads Sabatini 6-3, 5-4 and that Hingis/Kournikova lead Navratilova Shriver 7-5, 5-1 ... at the same time Satrista7 was voting for Pierce and Hingis/Kournikova ... if we changed to this formula, those matches would now be over, 6-3, 6-4 for Pierce and 7-5, 6-1 for Hingis/Kournikova. Other matches that could not be finished this way would be decided at cut off time, which is the way we do now.

The only two problems I could see with this might be that we have so many different time zones, but maybe cut off time could be a mutual time. I know that midnight where I am from is about 4.00PM in Australia. Also if anyone is cheating this could be bad, but I am going to seek help with the admins about that. Lastly, I was also thinking of implementing another new rule which would offer some small form of seed protection. The rule is if the player has won a Grand Slam and is facing someone who has not won a Grand Slam, they start of with a 2-0 lead, and if a player who has reached a Grand Slam final but never won a Grand Slam, is playing a person who never reached a Grand Slam final, they start off with a 2-0 lead. Here are some examples

Graf (GS champ) vs Coetzer ( never reached a final) starts of at 2-0 Graf<br />Graf (GS Champ) vs Seles (GS Champ) starts off 0-0<br />Graf (GS Champ) vs Clijsters (GS Finalist) starts off 2-0 Graf<br />Clijsters(GS Finalist ) vs Mauresmo (GS Finalist) starts off 0-0<br />Clijsters(GS Finalist) vs Testud (never reached a final) starts off 2-0 Clijsters

Let me know what you think about these two possible changes?

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Big Lindsay ]</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts