Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened today regarding the Mauresmo/Clijsters scoring thread was ridiculous. Some of "Kimmy" Clijsters fans found the need to flood this board to post inane bullshit which flooded this board and was down a few times. I am not telling you how to run your board, but if this happens again two suggestions; either lock the thread or delete posts.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
LOL, I think most of us here live in a democractic country, and if they feel the need to flood the threads with post, so be it. You cna't moan on someone or even the board when they are doing you a big favour and give you live score threads.

Won't it be more consrtuctive if you can think of an alternatives? Maybe we can create a thread alongside scoring thread which only porvide score per game, so people who dun want to see those scoring thread can just get the score update?

But it is up to them whether they want to post or not, you can't stop them, if you dun like it, come back after the match and check the score, end of story

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, you can't tell anyone what and what not to post but they could have been more considerate and posted in the Kim Cheering thread instead and left the scoring thread just for scores. I think once they got past so many pages they kept doing it to see how far they could take it.:rolleyes:

·
41,227 Posts
may be this is why all people join the board in first place??? to follow and cheer their favourites???

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Oh you guys, give us a break! This was the only place where we could follow the match accurately tahnks to some who posted scores!

WTAworld didn't crash, there was just some steam coming out of the new servers :p At least we tested them now, and they passed our test whitout a problem ;) :D

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
Rhythmboy said:
Oh you guys, give us a break! This was the only place where we could follow the match accurately tahnks to some who posted scores!

WTAworld didn't crash, there was just some steam coming out of the new servers :p At least we tested them now, and they passed our test whitout a problem ;) :D

lool :D

well your smilies were very funny.. i didn't ahve any problem with that ;)

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then why can't Kim 's fan use common sense and creat two threads, one for scoring and one for cheering? People who are really interested in the match have no time for this shit. It is because of what happenend today made me an ex-fan of hers and I hope she loses every matchs she plays for now on, inculding tomorrows.

Where the hell is Serena to beat her when you need her?

·
8,263 Posts
lizchris said:
Then why can't Kim 's fan use common sense and creat two threads, one for scoring and one for cheering? People who are really interested in the match have no time for this shit. It is because of what happenend today made me an ex-fan of hers and I hope she loses every matchs she plays for now on, inculding tomorrows.

I am sorry this is BS and just shows you real character, if you are really interested in the match, you would have create a scoring thread your own, and then go to the cheering thread and ask someone for a favour damnit

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
cheering threads have always been like that! They're fun!
Personally I enjoy reading all the pages even after a match, it shows how tight a match was. I see you registered in February, that might explain why you're not familiar with cheering threads.

In the cheering threads we need live scores anyway. If you want to create another thread, feel free to do so.

·
Registered
876 Posts
lizchris said:

Are you frustrated because Kim won this match???

Probably you are a sad Mauresmo-fan or something like that...

·
Registered
11,719 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just want to thank all the posters and I want to say I really enjoyed it!!!
I came in around three o'clock belgium time and read the scores from the beginning. It took me more than an hour, and yes indeed, the board was slow, but I had a great time. So, thank you all!!

·
8,263 Posts
In the end, if you are pissed about the scoring thread, then just don't go, no one will point a gun at you and ask you to refresh scoring thread every minute

·
Registered
444 Posts
lizchris said:

Please! If that's the reason that made you an 'ex-fan' you weren't a fan in the first place. There is a scoreboard you know.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GoDominique, thank you for your support. I know there are other people out there that agree with me, but are afraid to post becasue they don't wan to get bashed by "Kimmy's" fans, but I don't give a fuck about them or what they think.

BTW, this wasn't the only reason I don' t like Kim anymore; this was just the last thing. Personally, I don't think she is all that good.

·
8,263 Posts
funny how some poster want to turn this baord into fascist community.

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
for your information, lizchris, it's not only Kim fans who cheer a lot in scoring threads. There have been plenty of scoring threads with other players!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts