Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations, it was a final worthy of the talent of Both Jen And Martina. Congrats to Jen's fans, she hung in there, fought of match points and in the end handled the heat way better :)

Martina, well, I'm not sure you can go into a Grandlam Final having played 13 sets more and have to contend with that heat and expect to win, you done well and that depth you reached tells me a grand slam win is closer now then ever before :)

Once again, congrats to Jen and her fans, sorry I'm not sounding more resolute, but this one has gutted me.......

·
Registered
381 Posts
That was really nice of you to do that. :) I'm a Martina fan too and I'm totally bummed but I still congratulated the Jenny fans too. :)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Thanks Adrian, for putting such a positive slant on what was a negative result.

Congrats to Capriati. I mean, she was a worthy winner no doubt, and I'm pleased for her, so congratulations (boy, that was hard!).

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
well faught Jennifer... and a nice speech at the presentation!

Congrats to Jenn's fans!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Congrats to Jennifer!! You were down and looked to be going out... but you stayed strong and won inspite of the heat and the hip injury and all. Congratulations Jennifer!!

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Thanks Adrian.Im sorry,I really dont feel like typing right now.

·
Senior Member,
101 Posts
I NEVER post, but read what all of you have to say. I am a die hard Capriati fan, but I have never felt inclined to post. But this match changed my mind... Jen is awesome. She curses, I call that passion in the heat of the moment. Who doesn't curse? Her fight today was as admirable as Venus' at last year's Erickkson, if not more with this being a slam.

I was thinking during the second set.. win or lose.. what a match. And for this to end with Jen winning, wow. I was one of those guys wishing Jen could wish a match.. now I can say she won the Aussie Open AGAIN? wow...

Don't bash jen.. she's human.. I hope you are.

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Um, have you posted in the wrong thread????..No jen bashing going on here :(

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I'm very proud of you Adrian. I know that this match must have been gut wrenching for you and other Hingis fans, so it means a lot to Capriati fans and tennis fans in general that you have taken the time to write a congratulations to Jennifer. It is a very classy move on your part.

I have to admit that personally I am very shocked by the result. When I came in from the gym @ 10:00 p.m., Martina was in cruise control @ 6-4 4-0. My first thought was poor Jennifer, well at least she made the final. But Jennifer showed a lot of heart and courage to break back and win that set and the next one. I still couldn't believe it at the end. Even though I am not a die hard Hingis fan, my heart goes out to her. This loss will be tough for her to swallow. Martina is a great champion though and she will be back.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Congrats Jen from a Martina fan. We'll get revenge in Paris. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Congrats Jenny! :) Honestly said, I didn´t expect your second straight title in Melbourne.
Well done!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'm sorry. Like I've said before, I'm a bad loser.

I really don't feel as though I can write anything positive in this thread, since it feels like the end of the world for me.

But I've got up the effort to come in here, that ought to count for something. You all get my point, right?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Thanks Adrian - This is so nice :) Everyone is being so civil :p

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Still hard to beleive that only 13 months ago she was still an unfulfilled talent, whom everyone with the exception of a handful of true fans, had written off.

ANyhow - thankyou Adrian for creating such a positive thread.

i went into this match not knowing who to cheer for since I like both.

But in the end I wanted Martina to win, and she didn't.

Cause Jenn wanted it more, and she was just too good.

:)

·
Registered
505 Posts
congratulations jenny!!!!!!!

congratulation to jenny and the others jenny fans :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
and thank´s ´cause all knows as i hate to hingis:p :p
when i returned to my house from a party, and my mother was watching the tv, hingis was 6-4 5-3 :confused: :( :mad: , my mother was very sad ´cause she is a fan, ´cause she remember to chris evert ;) , i started to watch the match and change, hingis had 4 match points!!!!!!:eek:
THANK´S JENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WILL PUT A PICTURE IN MY ROOM, CAUSE MY OTHERS FAV, SELES, SABATINI, SAMPRAS, GRAF AND AGASSI
salutes to all
argentino
GO JENNY!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts