Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was never meant to be a who goes to more partes thread. It certainly was not a Maria vs. Serena thread. I can't believe some of you would think I am that shallow. How you all misinterpreted that I don't know but the title should now explain itself. I am serious, I want to know.

Monica Seles was at Paul McCartney's wedding a few years back and only like 40 people were invited so she obviously knows someone. She is also good friends with Paul Allen of Microsoft. She is also good friends with the McCormacks of IMG Paul and Betsy. Of course, Paul died a while back.

Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario is friends with the Princesses of Spain(Infantas) so I am sure she gets to go to some of the good royal parties/

Are there any other players that go to the exclusive gatherings becasue of their friends?

·
Banned
1,187 Posts
Defiitely Serena. No one in Hollywood really knows who Sharapova is. And by the time they do, they will find out she isn't a very freindly person!

Serena's party buddies:
P.Diddy
Brandy
Naomi Campbell
Tyra Banks
Kelly Rowland
Beyonce

Shall I continue?

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Serena.

She was one of the 700 people invited to the post Oscar Vanity Fair party (you have to be an A-list celebrity just to be considered for an invitation); Maria was nowhere in sight. In fact, she would have been lucky to get an invite to the Night of 1000 Stars Oscar party (otherwise known as the Party For the B-List celebrities).

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
lizchris said:
Serena.

She was one of the 700 people invited to the post Oscar Vanity Fair party (you have to be an A-list celebrity just to be considered for an invitation); Maria was nowhere in sight. In fact, she would have been lucky to get an invite to the Night of 1000 Stars Oscar party (otherwise known as the Party For the B-List celebrities).
You mean A-list celebrities like... Sasha Cohen? Really, now. I don't doubt it's a prestigious invite, but let's not get too excited here.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Crazy Canuck said:
You mean A-list celebrities like... Sasha Cohen? Really, now. I don't doubt it's a prestigious invite, but let's not get too excited here.
No, I mean A-listers like:

Oprah
Reese Withersoppn
George Clooney
Jennifer Anniston
Venus Williams

Sasha Cohen was only invited because she was covering the party for the US entertainment show Access Hollywood. Other than that, she would not have been invited.

And, yes, it is a prestigious invite. Like I said before, only those whoa re A-listers are even considered for an invite and only those who make the cut are actually invited, like the people I named and Serena.

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
lizchris said:
Serena.

Poor Maria. Instead of going to the Vanity Fair party, she had to settle for preparing for (and eventually winning) a tennis tournament. Remember when Serena used to do that, Liz?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Simplicity said:
Defiitely Serena. No one in Hollywood really knows who Sharapova is. And by the time they do, they will find out she isn't a very freindly person!

Serena's party buddies:
P.Diddy
Brandy
Naomi Campbell
Tyra Banks
Kelly Rowland
Beyonce

Shall I continue?
of course she was invited to those ones :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
pacomexican said:
the fact is that serena gets invited to more exclusive parties!
And that's precisely why she "needs more time" to get in shape..... :rolleyes:

Reactions: MissJessou

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
Venus and Serena were at Tiger's wedding

Reactions: selesfan1

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
um i don't think it would be that much fun to be in paul mccartney's wedding. i prefer to partyyy.

Reactions: selesfan1

·
Registered
13,542 Posts
darrinbaker00 said:
And that's precisely why she "needs more time" to get in shape..... :rolleyes:
this thread wasn't about her getting in shape, it's about who gets invited to more parties, so why talk about her fittness if that's not what the thread is about?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
darrinbaker00 said:
Poor Maria. Instead of going to the Vanity Fair party, she had to settle for preparing for (and eventually winning) a tennis tournament. Remember when Serena used to do that, Liz?
:lol: :lol: :tape: :tape:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Who in the world except a very shallow person or someone in high school would care about who gets invited to more parties.

Presumably the people who are really responsible for making important things happen in the world aren't invited to these parties either.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
lizchris said:
Serena.

that's hot!

I reckon Jen Cap would go to a few through her relationship with Matthew Perry (?)

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
starr said:
Presumably the people who are really responsible for making important things happen in the world aren't invited to these parties either.
No, I'm not. ;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts