Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted these ideas to get an opponent annoyed in another thread where it was off-topic.
Give your ones, might be funny.:devil:

1) hit very hard groundstrokes in warm-up so he can't warm-up properly (very unsportsmanlike).
2) in the first points screw him with dropshots winners,
3) have a good percentage of 1st serves if you have a big one, so he feels like there's nothing he can do when you're serving,
4) if he's a hard hitting baseliner, hit moonballs with lot of top spin, ugly game but very efficient,
5) attacking his second serve systematically,
6) stepping out into your court when he prepares serving 2nd.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
7-keep questioning his calls!

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
I say crack the first few practice serves as hard as you can right between the chaps eyes. He'll be wondering for a while, I wonder if he meant that. HOw about scratching your butt and sticking out your belly real big (if you have one) so he knows hes losing to a big-bellied chump? or how about letting doritos, chocolate bars, and softdrinks fall out of your tennis bag - that'll really make em underestimate you.

Great thread btw

·
Banned
23,113 Posts
Relace your shoes after every point.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you serve, pretend you missed your toss, re-catch the ball and re-start your serving ritual from the beginning.

Do the Henman/Sharapova system when returning : don't stop moving from right to left on your baseline when he prepares to serve.

·
Banned
23,113 Posts
BTW, is "Come on" a Hewitt's invention? I don't remember anyone yelling that oncourt before him?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ys said:
BTW, is "Come on" a Hewitt's invention? I don't remember anyone yelling that oncourt before him?
Oh no :eek: , "come on" is almost as old as tennis (not only tennis btw :devil: ).

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
quasimodo said:
I posted these ideas to get an opponent annoyed in another thread where it was off-topic.
Give your ones, might be funny.:devil:

1) hit very hard groundstrokes in warm-up so he can't warm-up properly (very unsportsmanlike).
2) in the first points screw him with dropshots winners,
3) have a good percentage of 1st serves if you have a big one, so he feels like there's nothing he can do when you're serving,
4) if he's a hard hitting baseliner, hit moonballs with lot of top spin, ugly game but very efficient,
5) attacking his second serve systematically,
6) stepping out into your court when he prepares serving 2nd.
:haha: great thread.

I can add a few more -
1. Act arrogant on court
2. Hit them when they come to the net.
3. Don't apologise if you hit the net, just shout "come on".
4. Always ask them the score when your winning, so they feel bad
5. Smirk when you shake their hands at the net and say "wow, you played amazing", especially when you win in 2 easy sets.
6. Take ages between points - hey, if there is no umpire, they can't do anything:p
7. Dont speak to them, and brush past them giving them a little pus when you cross by the net.
8. Scream "YESSS, COME ON" when you have won, or win a set, game, or hey, even a point.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,168 Posts
quasimodo said:
Oh, how can we forget this : pump your fist and yell "Come on" when he double faults :haha:
:haha: oh so *dead* The guys I play with would not let me get away with some of these "tips" They would smack me with their racquets so hard, I'd be wearing tennis racquet necklaces :lol:

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Hire the chair umpire to, um... "give" you a free point at 1-2 in the tiebreaker. And look stunned and confused when it happens. Promise him sexual favors in return for the, um "gift".

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
I have actually tried yelling come on after my opponent double faulted and what a sucess it was he got so pissed off with me he tried to ace me on the next point and served another one haha fool lol..... only did that cause i hated him and everyone from his club, wouldn't do it to someone i respected though unless it was break point or something really important.

another one is to waste time in between points playing with strings and tying shoe laces up, why more people don't do this to capriati more often puzzles me, the best example was when panova played jen in sydney one year and u could just see jen getting so shitty with her everytime she stalled or put her hand up.

there is this one guy at my club who i really hate and one day when the wanker had the nerve to chip and charge on my serve i lined him up and drilled a forehand straight into him and then said "sorry" and turned around, i mean who cares if iit hurt not me!

When playing on clay circle the wrong mark!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i fist pump when its an important point, regardless of how i get it

and i take a long time before each point... last time a played my dad, he was ready to serve, and i was still walking backwards looking at my strings, finally i turned around and he yelled at me lol

oh yeah and dropshots do work!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
ys said:
Relace your shoes after every point.
:haha:

And don't forget to replace your grip EVERY game. And your rackets need re-stringing once a set, for sure...

:wavey:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts