3,642 Posts

Williams Defeats Henin-Hardenne to win title

Williams Henin-Hardenne
Winners 73 30
Errors 67 34
Aces 20 3
Double Faluts 6 3
Fastest Serve 127mph 115mph

Serena Williams of the USA smiles as she is framed by the trophy after defeating Justine Henin-Hardenne 6-3, 2-6,7-6(5) to win the final of the Koala Cup on Wednesday.

Williams: I feel very great and I'm happy that I won a title my second carrer

Serena muscels in a winner

Williams: I thank Justine for a great match and I hope to see her again in another final

Serena celebrating on match point

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Justine Henin-Hardenne wins in doubles, but loses in singles

Justine Henin-Hardenne failed in her attempt of getting her first title, losing in the final to Serena Williams in a very tough match 6/3 2/6 7/6(5).
Justine started the match a bit nervous, and Serena took advantage of that to get the first set 6/3;
In the second, Henin-Hardenne was just another player on court, serving well and hitting her famous and beautiful one-hand backhands. That way she got the second set 6/2.
In the third and final set, both players were playing very well. They held their serves until the tie-break, when Justine had some errors and lost 7/5 in the tie-break.
However, in the doubles final, it was a bit different. Justine Henin-Hardenne and her partner Maria Sharapova showed a great team play and defeated Graf/Maleeva 6/1 7/5. They hope to get another title next week.
Congratulations on your amazing week, Justine! ;)
Here is a picture of Justine in her match against Serena:

121 - 125 of 125 Posts