Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WSTT Tour's Womens China Open

Send points to SELKING if you want to. This is the one and only exception to the rule this week.

In the Beautiful city of Beijing

Singles Draw

Doubles Draw

Welcome to the WSTT's three newest players Valentina Castro, Ratchaya Chaichanachaicharn and Mashona Washington

Schedule of Play

Monday 12/13-Points due and First Round Singles Matches

Wedensday 12/15-Quarters of Single and First round doubles
Saturday 12/18-Semis of Singles and Semis of Doubles
Sunday 12/12-Singles and Doubles Final

Singles Points
Winner-100
Finalist-50
Semi-25
Quarter-10
First round-1

Doubles points
Winner-75
Finalist-35
Semifinalist-15
First round-1

Points Leaders

Shop

If you have enough points then you must but whatever item you want before I start matchs tomorrow

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
can you play on thursday Serena's coaches birthday (Kar16d) 14th birthday

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, ill make a speacial exception and have Serena on Center Court as the only match of the night.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
cool can you do a preview tonight

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to let you guys know this is the last tournament that will be played until January 3rd because or the holidays.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Mashona is so fucking excited :bounce:!

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Go Elena. You have a first round bye this week. The game has expanded so much that theres only one bye now.

·
-
52,382 Posts
Amelie surmotivated !

In a pre-interview just before the beginning of the Beijing's Open, at the tomorrow of the Australian Open, Amelie Mauresmo of France spoke with us a little moment "Oh, I'm very happy to have done my debuts at the AO last week, it permitted me to know how works the Pro WTA Tour...about the results, I'm very proud of my first week...as if I've lost at the 1st round, it was against Lena, and when we see her cruise in the tournament, I don'y have to be unhappy of my match...and of course there was this doubles final with Clarisa...never I could expect playing a Grand Slam Doubles Final so soon ! It was very fantastic and I hope being better again this week in Beijing"

Amelie will meet Paola Suarez of Argentina in the 1st round match...and in doubles with Clarisa (seeded #4) they will meet Kim Clijsters and Ana Ivanovic, players they have beat last week in Melbourne so...

Good luck to Amelie, and to all others ;)

·
Registered
34,574 Posts
Ratchaya Chaichanachaicharn Ready!!​

Thailand's newcomer Ratchaya Chaichanachaicharn (RC) is ready for her first ever tournament in Beijing. RC is just 15 years of age and will face Chilean Valentina Castro, another newcomer, in her first tournament too. RC has developed a bit of commotion, with her great last name, and will go by the name "RC", for those who have bad memories ;) "I'm greatly anticipating the event here. It's great to debut near my home country, and i hope i can get a good result that i need to kick-start my career. I will be partnering Valentina in the doubles too, so i hope (and doubt) that there will be hard-feelings after the match ;) "​

btw Selking, her weight is 51 kg ;)

·
Banned
4,117 Posts
Rubin/Dementieva

·
Registered
39,535 Posts
When will this here start? Thx!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ratchaya Chaichanachaicharn def Valentina Castro- W/O
Amélie Mauresmo def Paola Suarez-6-3 7-6
3 Chanda Rubin def Ana Ivanovic 6-0 6-7 6-0
Serena Williams def Kim Clijsters 6-2, 6-2
Venus Williams def Justine Henin-Hardenne 7-5 6-7 7-5
Magdalena Maleeva def Clarissa Fernandez 6-4 6-3
2 Maria Sharapova def Mashona Washington 6-1 6-4​

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
That was an awful draw for Venus and Justine!!!!! They are like two of the best players on the tour, it's a shame they had to face each other!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doubles Results
4 Fernandez/Mauresmo def Ivanovic/Clijsters 6-3 6-1
3 Maleeva/Suarez lost to Williams/Williams 6-2 6-4
2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova def Chaichanachaicharn/Valentina Castro-7-5 6-0

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
honey_b_fly_15 said:
That was an awful draw for Venus and Justine!!!!! They are like two of the best players on the tour, it's a shame they had to face each other!
For sure, I just randomly picked and when it came up I was like.. ooo!!

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
World Number 1 arrives!

Elena Dementieva hitting a forehand during practice at China Open.
Elena Dementieva has been practiceing at the China Open since her win at Australian. She says that she is keeping the same stragedy from last week.
Here is Elena talking about her possible match ups this week.
"Well for the first time ever I get a first round bye which is good for me because I need the rest. In the quarterfinals I will r face newcomer Ratchaya Chaichanachaicharn. If I win that match I will most likely face Chanda Rubin but Amelie can upset her. I will also probably take on Maria Sharapova or Serena Williams in the final. Even if Maria does win the tournament my number one rank will still be safe. Double will be hard because will might take on Amelie and Fernandez in the semis. I would also love to thanks Princess Maria for letting me have her boys in the final. ;) "

1 - 20 of 227 Posts