·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Womens Doubles Final
vs

1 Graf/Maleeva-----------6 1
2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 3

Maria and Justine hit two huge return winners and they look like a whole different team

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Womens Doubles Final
vs

2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 4

Justine is really showing her form now, she just took over in that game and ran with it.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Womens Doubles Final
vs

2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 5

This is what Graf and Maleeva had to worry about. You can't give these two room.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
Womens Doubles Final
vs

2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 6

Big ace by Henin-Hardenne to close out the second set. Graf and Maleeva need to collect themsleves

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Womens Doubles Final
vs

1 Graf/Maleeva-----------6 1 1
2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 6 0

That is exactly what they needed to get into this match again. Nice game by Maggie and Steffi

·
Registered
39,537 Posts
Maggie and Steffi will not lose their last match together!

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Maria and Justine must be very mental tough because they lost the first set to me and Rubin then beat us 1 and 2. Now Graf and Maleeva won the first and then lost the second.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Womens Doubles Final
vs

2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 6 1

This time Maria had the stuff to win the game. She hit an ace and a jammer and got them out of a 15-40 jam.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Womens Doubles Final
vs

2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 6 2

Maria is the quickest player on the tour... hands down. She got to everything in that game.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
Womens Doubles Final
vs

1 Graf/Maleeva-----------6 1 2
2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 6 2

Great volleys from Graf and Maleeva to keep it close.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Womens Doubles Final
vs

2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 6 3

Graf and Maleeva tried to get in again and Justine lobbed them for the game.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Womens Doubles Final
vs

2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 6 4

Its suprises me at how many time Maria can get herself or her team out of a jam bby using her huge serve. Great game!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
Womens Doubles Final
vs

2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 6 5

It looks like its goodbye Steffi.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
Womens Doubles Final
vs

1 Graf/Maleeva-----------6 1 3
2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 6 5

The volley has been such an asset to this team during this whole week. Thet still have a chance.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Womens Doubles Final
vs

1 Graf/Maleeva-----------6 1 3
2 Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova-3 6 6

Great match from both teams but the combo of Henin-Hardenne and Sharapova was too much. Congrats to Steffi for a great Career and to Maggie for a great year so far.

·
Registered
39,537 Posts
Thanx Steffi for your partnership. We were a great team. :kiss:

Congrats Henin-Hardenne and Sharapova, I think we had a great final. :)

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Congrats to all the winner. Hopefully we will have new faces in the finals next week at the Oz Open.

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
Maria Sharapova is overwhelmed by the past week. Great match Steffi and Maggie, and Justine- we are just the best at doubles!!!

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
Maria Bags Double Crown In Sydney

Maria Sharapova became the first ever women to win both the singles and doubles at single tournament on the WSTT. She managed to edge Serena in a 4 hour epic final, before winning the doubles crown 2 hours later with partner Justine Henin-Hardenne in a hard fought encounter against Maggie Maleeva and Steffi Graf (who was appearing in her final tournament).

Maria Sharapova claimed she had a massive 24hour sex marathon with Andy Roddick, Ian Somerhalder, Chad Michael Murray, James Lafferty and Davide Beckham. She believes that sex helps her win matches. She lost last week to Venus Williams because of a pregnancy scare, but this week she has shown her fight and determination to win matches!

The sex seemed to have paid off early in the first set of the final against Serena Williams, as Sharapova raced into a 4-2 lead with her blistering groundstrokes. However, Serena Williams wasn't the number 1 ranked player for nothing. She battled her way back into the match, coming into the net and rushing Sharapova. Serena's net savy allowed her to tie the match at 4-4 in the first set. However, Sharapova used her serve to lead 5-4, and broke Serena Williams with her blistering returns of serve to take the set 6-4.

The second set was a different story. Sharapova began to get into a fight with Maggie Maleeva and lost all her focus on the match. Serena raced into a 5-2 lead, capitalising on Sharapova's loss in concentration, making the Russian run all over the court. However, this time it was the Russian who made a comeback charge and closed the gap 5-4 with some brilliant backhand passing shots. However, Serena regrouped and took the set 6-4 with an ace on set point.

At the start of the third set, the crowd were buzzing. Noone knew who would win the match. Both were playing the best tennis of their young lives. Serena broke first to lead 3-1, but Sharapova clawed her way back to 3-3. Sharapova broke at 4-4 to lead 5-4 and screamed "From russia with love, Biatch." It was clear she said that to the linesman who called a previous shot of her incorrectly. Serena knew this and didn't really pay attention, whilst the crowd were stunned at Sharapova's behaviour. Serena then broke back and went to lead 7-6. She held 12 match points in a game which lasted over 37 minutes, with Sharapova wasting 21 break point opportunities, before winning her 22nd break point with a cross court forehand winner. The crowd were screaming to the rooftops. Sharapova then held serve to lead 8-7. The pressure was back on Serena. She knew she had to serve to stay in the match. In another marathon game lasting 27minutes, Sharapova won the match on her 19th match point with thunderous forehand down the line to end a rally last 48 strokes. Sharapova shrieked with delight. She had beaten the number one player in the world, thus regaining the number 1 position; winning in over 4 hours
6-4 4-6 9-7.

20 minutes later Sharapova was on court again, hoping to make history by winning the doubles with Justine Henin-Hardenne and becoming the number 1 ranked player in doubles and singles, and becoming he first player to win two titles at one tournament. They faced the number one seed Maggie Maleeva and Steffi Graf. A tired Sharapova proved to be the weak link in the first set, as Graf and Maleeva kept on hitting the ball to Sharapova and tried to keepn Justine out of the game. This tactic worked as Graf and Maleeva won the set 6-3. During the break, Justine had strong words for Sharapova, reminding her that it was her chance to make history. This seemed to light a spark in Maria, who went on a roll with her passing shots as she and Justine took the second set 6-1. They then went on a run in the third, with Justine lobbing to perfection to take the final set and the title 3-6 6-1 6-3. This match lasted 2 hours and consisted on some sublime rallies, with all four players usually up at net. After over 6 hours on court, Maria Sharapova made history, becomming the first player to be ranked number 1 in singles and doubles at the same time, and also the first player to achieve the double crown at a tournament.

After her momentous achievement we caught up with Maria Sharapova. "This week has been incredible. I can't believe I won both titles. After winning the singles title i was emotionally and physically drained. It wasn't just because of the match, it was because of the amazing sex I had. I could barely walk onto court afterwards. Anyways, I knew after my singles I needed to be revitalised, so I decided to have a quickie with Ian Somerhalder. He is so fucking sexy and a great fuck too. That last 10mins, yeh I know I have that effect on guys. They see me bend over and then the cum! I'm such a slut. Anyways, it took a while for the sex to work in doubles, but once it did there was no stopping me and Justine. I advise everyone to have sex! Watch out for Elena Dementieva next week, she spent 4 hours with my bitches, and I bet you she will do well next week, the horny little minx! Anyway, I have a little secret in store for the Austrailian Open. I'm currently in negotiations in bringing new guys to be my bitches. I have one already confirmed to join next week as one of MARIA'S LITTLE BITCHES and that is Colin Farrell. That guy is hung like a donkey. He was in that film where he showed his dick, but they had to cut it out because it was so long. I can't wait to fuck him! I'm such a dirty slut. I'm a whore and I'm proud."

Asked who she fears next week at the Austrailian Open, " Well I think every single player is in with a chance. Obviously I consider myself to be the favourite and I hope I'll win. But you have Serena, Venus, Justine, Chanda, Elena and Maggie. Everyone is capable of beating anyone, which is what is so great about this tournament. I will have to take it one round at a time. Hopefully I will be able to win. I'll be having loads of sex to increase my chances!"

321 - 340 of 341 Posts