First round-1

Doubles points
Winner-150
Finalist-75
Semifinalist-25
First round-1

Article Points Leaders

You can buy items in here when you get enough article points

All doubles teams will be the same unless I am told otherwise.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Singles Preview
First Quarter

I expect the Koala Cup champion to dominate in thsi portion of the draw. Serena just seems like she is unbeatable at the moment and I just don't expect her to lose anywhere except for in the final. I think that she will play Ana Ivanovic in the quarters because Elena is in a major slmp right now. This week can be a fresh start for many players because the season is still young. Both Lena and Ana Ivanovic could use a fresh start. My prediction is Serena beats Ivanovic in three.

Second Quarter

Venus Williams has been on fire lately, beating Maria Sharapova last week and is coming into this tournament ready and willing to kick some ass. She will face Paola Suarez in the first round, who hasn't show me much this year so far. You never know with this tour though. After that should have Steffi Graf but newcomer Clarissa Fernandez could take Graf out in the first round. My predection is that Venus will beat Graf in two easy sets.

Third Quarter

Justine Henin-Hardenne is coming off a player of the week win last week at the Koala cup and should do well here. I expect her to win the quarter because she has just been on fire. She will have a huge obsticle in her way in the quarters as she will most likely duke it out with former world number three.Chanda Rubin. if she survives that she will have a tough test in the semis. My prediction is Justine will win in three tough sets.

Fourth Quarter

Maria, Maria, Maria!!! Maria Sharapova had a tough week last week but shoudl perform well here. Maria will most likly have the tough player, Maggie Maleeva who will take on tour pushover Kim Clijsters. Maria should get through Maggie quite easily and move on to the semis. My prediction is that Maria will win in two comfortable sets.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Doubles Preview
First Half

I expect Steffi and Maggie to come and dominate this tournament, just like they did in Orkney. Steffi and Maggie play so well together and I don't see them losing anytime early. The two teams that will be battling it out to play the number one players in the world are the teams of Williams and Williams and Ivanovic and Clijsters. I really have no clue who will win that match up but I am thinking it could be Williams and Williams. Serena is such a strong singles player and so is Venus so I have to give them the edge. Who ever wins that need to realize the strength of Steffi and Maggie and play their best against the number one team.

Second Half

Henin-Hardenne and Sharapova are just the cream of the crop. After dominated last week at the Koala Cup, they come here to try and win their second in a row. I see no one in this field that can beat this team, except for the top seed of Graf and Maleeva. The power of the two amazing singles players blend well together to form an amazing team. Goodluck to everyone next week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kim finally ready to win

Kim Clijsters year so far has been less then great but its all gonna cjange this week. Kim Clijsters has decided to put all of her motivation into beeing the best player on the WSTT tour. Kim started of the year getting whopped by Maria Sharapova 6-1, 6-1. She then lost the next week by a simular score. She has become know as the tour pushover, but not anymore. Kim has had it with being the pushover an dit is time she says to kick some ass. Kim starts off her quest for the title against Maggie Maleeva who played great last week. Kim must be in top form to win this week and she is at the moment so we will see what happens as the week unfolds.

Reactions: tom2791

·
Banned
4,117 Posts
Go Dementieva/Rubin! :bounce:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Justine Henin-Hardenne is ready to fight for her first title

Justine Henin-Hardenne arrived today in Sydney, where she'll play the Tier I Sydney Open. Last week, she played her first singles final, but lost to Serena Williams in a tough match. Now, she is the third seed, and hopes to do even better.
"I've practised a lot lately and I think I'm ready to claim the title, although it's gonna be hard.", said Justine.
Here's a picture of her during her practise:

·
Banned
4,117 Posts
Rubin having fun in Sydney

Chanda Rubin was seen flashing her trademark smile with her fans around Sydney

Chanda Rubin started the year on a high, reaching the Quarter Finals of Orkney and the doubles final with Elena Dementieva. However last week, in Koala Cup she lost in the first round to Serena Williams. Chanda was seen strolling around Sydney today with a big smile on her face and was very apporachable to all her fans who wanted to meet her. We met up with her:

Chanda, bad luck last week

Yeh but she (Serena) is a really good player and she won the whole tournament so I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of!

In the doubles everyone said that Dementieva let you down
She did not! If anything I was letting her down. She played really well and we are just gonna give it another go next week and next week and then next week.

What do you think of your opponent in the first round?
Silvia Farina Elia? She is very well actually I don't know that much about her apart from that she is 9 in the world!

Who are you playing in doubles?
Silvia Farina Elia and Paola Suarez! This is my lucky week for playing Silvia Farina Elia *Chuckles to herself*

Have you got any goals for this week at all?
No just to play my hardest and not to give up.

Thankyou for the interview. Bye
Bye and thanks so much for interviewing me!

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
and venus' new ones dont foget! ill send them now...lol.

·
Registered
39,537 Posts
Steffi come on send them in!!

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Good Luck Dementieva and Rubin. Article to come once matches start.

·
Registered
39,537 Posts
Who is Michael?

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
Go Venus....whenever the tournament starts.....lol....i guess there is a rain delay...lol.

Go Williams (that includes you aswell Serena).

1 - 20 of 341 Posts