Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think we need a new thread. Now that Venus will officially be the #3 next week when the new rankings come out, time to set our sights on higher ground.

It is going to be tough. Her clay court season can help her rank tremendously, but then she'll have Wimbledon points to defend.

so she needs to do well at both Madrid and RG where she can only gain with only 180 points to defend. Dinara, Jelena have finalist and SF points to defend and Venus just round three plus she will have to do better than Serena at each of the next few events by at least a round or two.

Keep Veelieving!

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Re: Venus Watch to #1

With this sort of clay court play, she can do it. Huge points up for grabs in Rome, Madrid, and Paris. She could be on the brink tbh after the clay?

·
Dubai Love
52,429 Posts

I have no doubting Venus will get to #1 from this time to USO, she just has to with how few she has to defend outside Wimbledon.

Stay healthy Venus please, and results will come in great:hearts:

·
Banned
9,219 Posts

The thread after this... or even just edit the thread title, should be about Venus DOMINATING!!! Next logical step after number one ^.^

BTW Good thread, I'm glad we have it.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

i can't wait to see her making the number one page of sport magazine with her incredible comeback at the first place of tennis establishing a new record with the gap between 2 number one place taken :drool::drool:... plz do it vee

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
:worship::worship::worship: May it come to pass :sobbing::sobbing:

·
Registered
15,098 Posts

ok. done. post away!
anyways
if she beats Dinara today
she would have beaten

3 current number 1 this year!
#1 Jelena Jankovic 6-2 6-2 in HK
#1 Serena Williams 6-1 2-6 7-6(3) in Dubai
#1 Dinara Safina ?-? ?-? in Rome

and she beat them all in the SFs

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
omg i will be soooo :crazy: I became a Venus fan probably at the worst time possible Summer of 2004 i wud say the worst year of her career. And to see her go from playing such horrible tennis back then to finally getting it back together last year playing the way she shud makes real me happy i hung in there. There were many times where id wonder if we'd ever see her playing this well again
I missed Venus' heyday 2000-03 (though i saw on video) I certainly wont be missing her new day 2008-2012 :worship:

But lets not get ahead of ourselves fans. We know wat happened in Australia. But id say if she wins tomorrow we can start to pop bottles :D

·
Registered
27,920 Posts
^^
I was lucky when I became a fan coz it was during the Wimbledon 2000 final:lol: It was so strange coz then Vee went on that huge winning streak and I thought she was pretty much unbeatable. When the streak was finally snapped in the Linz final at the end of the year I was really sad. I couldn't believe she actually lost lol. Ahh memories:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
In my opinion, her worst year was 2006 :sad:
Anyway, I hope she gets to the number #1 ranking, a very long gap since the first time in february 2002. She was seeded #1 at Wimbledon in 2002 ... the last time she was #1. :)

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
She will break Serena's record for longest stints between #1 WHEN she gets back there. I say when because I have no doubt in my mind that the Queen will rise again.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
In my opinion, her worst year was 2006 :sad:
Anyway, I hope she gets to the number #1 ranking, a very long gap since the first time in february 2002. She was seeded #1 at Wimbledon in 2002 ... the last time she was #1. :)
lol i dont even count that as a year :bigcry:

·
Registered
760 Posts

i can't wait to see her making the number one page of sport magazine with her incredible comeback at the first place of tennis establishing a new record with the gap between 2 number one place taken :drool::drool:... plz do it vee
:drool::worship: me too
It would be fantastic, I can see the double page spread now. Haha
"Venus On Top Of Tennis World"
Just hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself!:confused:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts