Tennis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
76,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Duan played the best match I've ever seen her, such a few errors, amazing serving and big hitting, especially to Nicole's BH which is a great tactic so hat off to her, she can go far if she continues playing like this.

OTOH Nicole didn't even play bad, not her best performance for sure but I'm satisfied with such tournament after a long time, she was unfortunately not so good at key moments which cost her the match. Also struggling with injuries (elbow and foot injury), please heal everything and come back stronger in 2016. Her movement is definitely still not so good due to her foot injury from April. I think she will call it a season and come back stronger in 2016 :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Some positive energy at the end of 2015. She should play a few more ITF tourneys Oct. and Nov. and try to qualify for AO16 QD.

If she can hit consistent BH and improve her serves, I can see her climbing up to even TOP100 in 2016.

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
BFCD :eek: :worship:

Nicole and Sexysova :awww: :hug:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Nicole's serve is quite bad and nowhere near her best, movement is non-existed, BH is improved but still some horrendous errors

The serve is the main problem, she really needs to fix it

·
Registered
19,324 Posts
Look who was there!!

Also, yay Chinese Davenport Golden Babyflower or whatever the heck her TF name is.

:cheer:

·
Registered
18,538 Posts
Sounds like BFCD played really well :worship: I wish she played on the main tour more, she could be stable top 75 if she did, perhaps better.

Nicole hasn't played that bad in her comeback, some issues, but IMO the main thing is she isn't playing enough, and probably needs a few more WC's.

Still, a decent comeback year, even took a set off Halep :lol: I reckon she can make it to top 100 next year.

·
Registered
38,007 Posts
Sounds like BFCD played really well :worship: I wish she played on the main tour more, she could be stable top 75 if she did, perhaps better.

Nicole hasn't played that bad in her comeback, some issues, but IMO the main thing is she isn't playing enough, and probably needs a few more WC's.

Still, a decent comeback year, even took a set off Halep :lol: I reckon she can make it to top 100 next year.
BFCD is slow unlike the other Golden Flowers :secret: Yanina Wang, Jolin Zhu and Zekda Yang are more likely to be Top 75 :hug: Ying-Ying doesn't like to run and can only win in China or on super fast surfaces :hug: :sad:

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
That's a pity. I like a good comeback story from a past top 10 player so I support Nicole but it's going very slowly this way.

Keep working hard Nicole! :cheer:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Didn't watch the match but still a bit disappointing. :eek: Flav is out as well so her road to QF could be easy if she won :(

Duan is just a really bad mover and it seems that Nicole didn't spot out this and move Duan enough I guess. (I don't really think Duan could over-power Nicole easily) Well but at least it's another WTA MD appearance so it's not that bad. Hope she would work on her game and improve ;) Still out of Top 250 atm :sad:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Some positive energy at the end of 2015. She should play a few more ITF tourneys Oct. and Nov. and try to qualify for AO16 QD.

If she can hit consistent BH and improve her serves, I can see her climbing up to even TOP100 in 2016.
This!
She's got Kitchenware next then Racquet-Flinger Pereira. Picking up more points here would be massive.

She's also the Golden Flower who I think would most benefit from a COMPLETELY different training regime, to correct her shortcomings and bring out the best of her.

·
Banned
15,186 Posts
WOW Baby Flower Chinese Davenport!!! :eek: :bolt: :woohoo:

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Over a year into this comeback, and not even Top 250??

I think Nicole and her team need to have a sit-down and discuss where she wants to go with this. Why is her serve so weak, why is her BH so weak, why is she not playing more events?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts