Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
17,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to Peng!! :cheer:

First title in her career at the age of 31 after so many injuries and disappointments, couldn't have been more well-deserved. :sobbing: Of course she had the luck of getting 2 walkovers en route to the title, but she deserves a little bit of luck. One of the best players to have never won a WTA title, so glad that she finally did it, on home soil no less.

She played a great match, hitting winners left and right and neutralizing Alison's shots by throwing the moonball. Serve was firing as well in the second set.

Alison was just a little too tired from her exploits earlier today, but she did put up a good fight and clearly had a great run to the final here.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Re: Tianjin Final: ShuShu Peng finally wins a title, def. Alison Riske 7-6(3) 6-2

Congarts Peng :yeah: She was like "Ahhh finally"

·
Registered
34,294 Posts
Tournament in her hometown, 2 W/O's but she finally won her first title. :inlove:

She was playing pretty well this final. Kept going for her shots and good serving.
Love to see she's still with her Mouratouglo academy team... no Alan Ma :eek:h:

New ranking #108 :lol:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
I couldn't stop smiling, ShuShu looked so happy :cheer: :hearts: Finally luck falls her way!! A great match by her too, she must be sick of losing finals. Hope this one will open the floodgates :D

Ali :hug: Great week for her too :awww:

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
I've waited over 10 years for this moment. I don't even care that she got two walkovers. Anyone who has been following Shuai's career knows that she deserves a WTA title. It's a bit like when an actor wins an Oscar for work that is far from their best, but we know that they deserve the recognition for everything they've accomplished during their career.

So happy for Shuai :worship: :cheer: :rocker2:

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Re: Tianjin Final: ShuShu Peng finally wins a title, def. Alison Riske 7-6(3) 6-2

Congrats Peng, lots of luck this week but I think it's deserved all things considered.
Alison :( Hard luck, you were unlucky

·
Premium Member
105,128 Posts
YASS SHUAI :sobbing: after all the injuries she suffered throughout her career she finally won a title. Yes - two W/O but she deserved a bit of a luck.

I've waited over 10 years for this moment. I don't even care that she got two walkovers. Anyone who has been following Shuai's career knows that she deserves a WTA title. It's a bit like when an actor wins an Oscar for work that is far from their best, but we know that they deserve the recognition for everything they've accomplished during their career.

MerylShuai :eek:h:

·
Registered
4,678 Posts

Aga letting other players vulture instead of herself :inlove:

·
Registered
14,839 Posts
One of the good feel stories of 2016 no doubt.

So very well deserved and full credit to her for continuing to chase that one obvious thing missing from her accomplished resume.

And in front of her home crowd ❤

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
She deserved it! Even with these wo's :yeah:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Congratulations to Shuai :) She is playing the doubles final with McHale later.

So it's the WTA version of DiCaprio's pity Oscar. Although I would imagine a tennis Oscar to be a Grand Slam, an MM title is more of a People's Choice Award. Still a great accomplishment for Peng nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Cute for Shuai but... :unsure: Winning a title with only three matches...

And the organizers really did Riske dirty, well Riske played herself by not finishing off Sveta in two sets, but... why couldn't the final have been played later? Yes Peng played much better and deserved the win but the result may have been different if there was rest factored in.

·
Premium Member
19,640 Posts
I am legit tearing up. Its like your child getting married. I've waited for this moment for so long amd there is no one more deserving than Shuai and in what moment! #108 with nothing to defend whole next year. Hope this motivates her to play for 2 more years at least.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Really happy for her. :) And this came out of nowhere. :eek:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts