·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Rain :rain: :rain: :rain:

Hope the rain will bring a lot of luck to Tammy, Angie and Wynne. :kiss:

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
:rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain:

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jirobkk said:
Rain :rain: :rain: :rain:

Hope the rain will bring a lot of luck to Tammy, Angie and Wynne. :kiss:
Yes, here we believe that rain brings luck and prosperity! ;) I guess, USO generated rain to Wismilak International... :p

Now, I have Daniel, Woyo, Aput, Toto, Angie's mum and recently arrived, Setio and uncle Satrya to be my information sender! Yay!!! :bounce: You, guys are wonderful! :cool:

Latest info - it is still sprinkle down in Nusa Dua where the tourney is being held! :eek: :(

First up: Vento v Martinez, Tammy v Jie and Dominikovic/Groenefeld v Loit/Pratt :devil: :fiery:

·
Registered
904 Posts
the wtatour site has it posted in the scores section that the start of play was delayed by an hour so it sounds as if it stopped raining

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good Luck to Tammy, Maria, Wynne, Angelique, Jie, Mi-Ra and Yoon-Jeong

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Thanks Adji, :worship:

It was raining for 4 days in USO this year, I don't like the rain like that. :mad: You know Paradorn vs Hewitt match was starting on Monday and it finished on Thursday because of rain. We had to wait and wait (did not sleep) for 4 days. :mad:

Hope the rain in Bali will stop soon. :wavey:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,566 Posts
Shine On Silver Moon said:
First up: Vento v Martinez, Tammy v Jie and Dominikovic/Groenefeld v Loit/Pratt :devil: :fiery:
Hello Adji :wavey: .

Do you know at what time the doubles match finished yesterday for Jie? Something like 01:00 or 02:00 in the morning I believe :eek: ?

That is not the best condition to prepare a match against Tamarine :sad: .

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steveg said:
Hello Adji :wavey: .

Do you know at what time the doubles match finished yesterday for Jie? Something like 01:00 or 02:00 in the morning I believe :eek: ?

That is not the best condition to prepare a match against Tamarine :sad: .
Yes, Stephane...after 1 AM - Not only Jie, Maria Vento and Angie had to deal with such thing, too!!! I remember back in 1993 or 94, Yayuk Basuki had to play dubs with Nana Miyagi until 3.30 AM at Danamon Open tier 4 in Jakarta!!! ;)

·
5,566 Posts
Yes, Stephane...after 1 AM - Not only Jie, Maria Vento and Angie had to deal with such thing, too!!! I remember back in 1993 or 94, Yayuk Basuki had to play dubs with Nana Miyagi until 3.30 AM at Danamon Open tier 4 in Jakarta!!! ;)
That's not very smart from the organisers to arrange matches at such time. It is even less to have one of these players playing the first match of the day :rolleyes: .

I think that they should have had more doubles played the first day of the tournament.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve, I agree with lack of smart organization - I will send complain to Kevin Livesey - Tournament Director! :(

Latest info from uncle Satrya who is sitting already in center court - Maria and Conchita are in the court! Yay!!! It is still very cloudy over Nusa Dua! :wavey: TIMEEEEEE...........!!! :lol:

·
5,566 Posts
Steve, I agree with lack of smart organization - I will send complain to Kevin Livesey - Tournament Director! :(

Latest info from uncle Satrya who is sitting already in center court - Maria and Conchita are in the court! Yay!!! It is still very cloudy over Nusa Dua! :wavey: TIMEEEEEE...........!!! :lol:
The weather forecasts are not very good :( . There could be some more rain coming.

As for the organisation, they should have tried to play more qualifying matches on Saturday / Sunday IMO. They had plenty of time for that. It would have avoided to have to play the last round of qualifying matches Monday afternoon.

In the worst case scenario, they could have played these qualifying matches Monday morning and get more doubles Monday afternoon / evening.

I think that the problem is that some players are quite demanding regarding their schedule, asking to play at certain times only, on certain courts :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
Good luck to Angie, Wynne, both Tammy and Jie today :bounce:

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Dominikovic, Evie (aus)
Groenefeld, Anna Lena (ger) 2
Loit, Emilie (fra)
Pratt, Nicole (aus) 1

1 - 20 of 358 Posts